I have injector questions if anybody can fill me in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the truck start back up each time no problem? When my ignition modual went out it would never restart. After sitting for some time it would run but was always unknow for how long.

There are only a few sensors that the ECM reads from. The MAP sensor, O2, TPS, Coolant temp, knock senor and VSS. Trying to think back and I know the truck will run with the O2 sensor, knock sensor and the CTS unplugged. If the hose is off the MAP sensor it will go in to defualt mode after a bit, and I think if MAP sensor is unplugged it will not idle good, need to play with the fuel pedal to keep it running. I dont thinking I've had any problems with the TPS or VSS.

The ECM is what controls the injectors and fuel pump relay, along with the idle air valve, EST, ESC, EGR valve and other things. Is the service engine soon light on, or it it even works? If so have you checked to see what codes are stored?

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will always restart but it does not always run the same and ever since this happened it will never run more than 10 seconds. And when it runs for that long it will usually run rough and choppy. And sometimes as it's running bad it will smooth at and the rpms will raise to normal idle, But only for a few seconds. When I pour gas down the throat it will idle smooth and normal. But it will die when the gas runs out. When I press the accelerator it will choke and die. No matter what unless I pour gas in it. So it seems like it's lean. I got coolant temp sensor code. But I think I unplugged the sensor while it was running prior. And I cleared it and did not get any codes so I am stumped

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would check fuel pressure at the TBI first, that would elimate the fuel pump and filter. There are little filter screens on the end of the injectors, a TBI rebuild kit is fairly cheap and simple to do.

With the CTS unplugged it will run but still be rich, much like driving a carbed vechicle with the choke on. Anytime Ive seen the CTS go bad it floods out the engine.

Have you checked to see if truck has good fire?

Try unplugging each sensor one at a time and see if it will fire up.

Was mentioned before but check the wiring good they can sometime break or frey where they enter the TB.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its running lean when i step on the throttle it will bog down and die. fuel pump is brand new have not even ran it really. the injector filters are pretty clean. i checked the fuel filter and it was really clean which surprised me. i have not checked pressure yet cause i don't have the adapter. i think the injectors are just not pulsing right. i am gonna check the pulse pattern to the injectors.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know it's probably not what it is but Sierra's truck was running similar to your's, not exactly but close, and he ended up finding that the piece of rubber hose right above his fuel pump, the one inside the tank that connect's the pump to the fuel pickup assembly, had split in 2 and would barely run because his fuel was spraying out inside the tank.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish it was that, but i already changed it. it seems like my injectors are getting a pulse signal but intermittently

noncarbonated

Reaction score
You ever figure out the cause of the problem? I seem to be suffering from something similar.