Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, plus these engines flow so horribly, you can pretty much just get headers with tube volume of 125% of the exhaust runner and that's I think the average guide to go by for replacing logs(stock manifolds) with tubing(headers) on stock engines atleast.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long tubes are by far better then shortys.. And just some info.. If you buy coated headers you will gain alittle more power.. But that being said, don't buy cheap!! Like my motor builder told me.. Every little bit adds up in the end!! I also wouldn't go over 1" 5/8 tubes cuz it's over kill an kills Tourqe.. With a stock motor you will prob. Be better off with 1" 1/2 primary tubes..

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you have limited space(like when installing a dohc bbc), you can run the primaries individually then have them bolt to a collector....long primaries just look sexy when done in SS. :evillol:

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
My specs are: 88' V10, 350 ci TBI, 700R4, G. Ratio unknown, but basically stock all around 1/2 ton w/tow package. I am not looking for serious performance, but needed upgrades because of exhaust replacement due to age and corrosion. I have a noticeable exhaust least on the stock manifold on the left bank. I had the cat gutted recently and replaced stock muffler. My system had the custom appllication mentioned earlier with both exhaust manifolds crossing into one 3" pipe-cat-muffler w/2 out and tailpipes on both sides. The pass side tailpipe was history so I replaced muffler w/ one out and eliminated the one side altogether. I dont plan on going too far in the performance range with the existing engine, just want to upgrade to dual exhaust since I have to replace it all anyway and possibly change stock cam, springs, lifters for a 1 step upgrade for some new life and slightly better low end.

V10 350 TBI? :wtf:

fasrnu

Reaction score
im running headman long tubes on my 97 vortech 350 and they came off my 92 tbi 350 both 4x4 no issues at all with fitment just bypassed the egr on my 97 not to mention it sounds great and could defiantly tell the power difference

Mr. 557

Reaction score
Yeah, plus these engines flow so horribly, you can pretty much just get headers with tube volume of 125% of the exhaust runner and that's I think the average guide to go by for replacing logs(stock manifolds) with tubing(headers) on stock engines atleast.

Not sure I quite understand that statement. Please clarify for me-