Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
How well did they perform on your 91' and what differences are you seeing with the super comp?
Headman headers did fine with it had a 350 sbc .. When I did the rebuilt I went from a 350 to 422sbc and needed to move more air. side by side you can see that the hooker a better part.

Headmen are 1 5/8 and super comps are 1 3/4

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Headmens header pass side
You must be registered for see images attach

Hooker
You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I can't tell you what to get since I don't know your engine specs, but if ya want cheap, make sure you get real stainless steel(SS) and not that knockoff plated stuff. I called myself getting a SS kit for my stock 454 but it was just SS plated and a thin plating at that cuz I bumped the front pass tube with a wrench and the scratch was rusting the next day. I've seen chrome plating that's thicker than THAT!

Ofcourse if you want the best setup, then not only will you get tuned headers, but a full tuned exhaust made especially for your engine(actually your full drivetrain). Don't get me lying to how they do it exactly, but I first got a tuned exhaust system in my 82 caballero(GMC el camino) with an Erson 327 olds, M21, and 4.10 detroit rear. Never quite understood how that worked exactly, or better yet, how they figured it out. I know they dyno'd and did a bunch of other stuff cuz it took them 3days to build the exhaust system from heads to exits.

I'm gonna have to check what your engine is again, cuz I've forgotten since you told me.

Mr. 557

Reaction score
My specs are: 88' V10, 350 ci TBI, 700R4, G. Ratio unknown, but basically stock all around 1/2 ton w/tow package. I am not looking for serious performance, but needed upgrades because of exhaust replacement due to age and corrosion. I have a noticeable exhaust least on the stock manifold on the left bank. I had the cat gutted recently and replaced stock muffler. My system had the custom appllication mentioned earlier with both exhaust manifolds crossing into one 3" pipe-cat-muffler w/2 out and tailpipes on both sides. The pass side tailpipe was history so I replaced muffler w/ one out and eliminated the one side altogether. I dont plan on going too far in the performance range with the existing engine, just want to upgrade to dual exhaust since I have to replace it all anyway and possibly change stock cam, springs, lifters for a 1 step upgrade for some new life and slightly better low end.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
You'd get more result for your money with a tune over headers on a stock engine.