Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have never been able to just sit and watch tv, I even struggle to stay engaged at a movie theater. I’m not ADHD, but I find I need to have something to challenge myself with often. So I hope I do stay busy with projects my whole life too!
I don't know how you handle it but my girl is the only person that gets my labor for free. I make extra side money and can set my own days and hours at the shop. I gotta stay busy too and word of mouth does that.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how you handle it but my girl is the only person that gets my labor for free. I make extra side money and can set my own days and hours at the shop. I gotta stay busy too and word of mouth does that.
I have enough crap to work on for myself and over the last year or two have really cut out working for nearly anybody for just money. Luckily my day job has the potential for wild hours so I use that as an excuse a lot.

Word of mouth definitely will get you tho. Just as trailer ownership is fertilizer to a friend circle. Staying off Facebook and having a policy of never answering my personal cell on the first call (except for the wife who knows better than to call me unless it’s an emergency). Keeps people annoyed enough to leave me alone I guess lol.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have enough crap to work on for myself and over the last year or two have really cut out working for nearly anybody for just money. Luckily my day job has the potential for wild hours so I use that as an excuse a lot.

Word of mouth definitely will get you tho. Just as trailer ownership is fertilizer to a friend circle. Staying off Facebook and having a policy of never answering my personal cell on the first call (except for the wife who knows better than to call me unless it’s an emergency). Keeps people annoyed enough to leave me alone I guess lol.
Yea, I am not on social media at all, except the 3 vehicle forums I am on. My customer base is my neighborhood and my American Legion. My girl's landlord tenants and his golfing buddies are great. They have the money and they know I am not warrantying the parts. I make no money on the parts. They choose the parts and if a part is bad, they pay me for that labor too. I allow them to use my RA and military discounts. I set the hours of operation and control the fees. I never quote up front. If a job takes 4 hours, that is what I charge for. The AL members get a special rate. If I am gone with my girl, any work that is needed has to wait. All initial contact is via text and then talk follows if I need to.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also spotted a nice little black racer hanging out under the gmc. Always good to see a beneficial non venomous snake in the yard.
Black Racers are FAST MF'ers!! At full speed, they look like they're hovering above the ground. Made the mistake of grabbing a sunbathing one by the tail thinking it was a black rat snake and that thing grew wings. Holy moly.

Yeah, snakes are good, except copperheads... they'll make a home and stick around and I do way too much gardening to have a nice population of them here. I've got most of the others. Hognose probably being my favorite, or the limey green snake. I just put down a black rat this morning that was in a robin's nest and the wife could see the whole movie playing out. Killing it was not my preferred option, but she left me no choice. Snake-o-phobic she is.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I am not on social media at all, except the 3 vehicle forums I am on. My customer base is my neighborhood and my American Legion. My girl's landlord tenants and his golfing buddies are great. They have the money and they know I am not warrantying the parts. I make no money on the parts. They choose the parts and if a part is bad, they pay me for that labor too. I allow them to use my RA and military discounts. I set the hours of operation and control the fees. I never quote up front. If a job takes 4 hours, that is what I charge for. The AL members get a special rate. If I am gone with my girl, any work that is needed has to wait. All initial contact is via text and then talk follows if I need to.
Sounds like you’ve got a good method and customer base! Best way to live forever is never quit working.
Black Racers are FAST MF'ers!! At full speed, they look like they're hovering above the ground. Made the mistake of grabbing a sunbathing one by the tail thinking it was a black rat snake and that thing grew wings. Holy moly.

Yeah, snakes are good, except copperheads... they'll make a home and stick around and I do way too much gardening to have a nice population of them here. I've got most of the others. Hognose probably being my favorite, or the limey green snake. I just put down a black rat this morning that was in a robin's nest and the wife could see the whole movie playing out. Killing it was not my preferred option, but she left me no choice. Snake-o-phobic she is.
I think the only faster snake I’ve seen is a Coach Whip, not sure if that’s their official name. They are silverish and get pretty darn big, never saw them before I moved out to this area and they are pretty prolific.

Copperheads are a def no no noodle! We see coral snakes fairly often but they are small and it’s difficult for them to hurt humans with their tiny mouth.
I see a lot of water snakes at work, but luckily I don’t think any have been moccasins, all banded water snakes best I can tell.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m really striking out trying to find a driver seat. Spent half the day walking a junkyard and found not a single seat worth a flip. I’m not sure if they are that popular of an item or if the yard pulls them to sell them before putting them out for the public. Other things had seats but seemed none of the gmt400 stuff did.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious, I’ve only own two automatic vehicles ever, both for not long. I have driven a considerable amount of newer auto trucks and they all have OD buttons or tow haul modes. Do these? Because I don’t see anything