Havoc's '98 Z71 Build!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great man. Your setup is basically along the lines of what I want to do...... And you are local, I live just southeast of huntsville and I was in Cullman this past saturday. Nice to see some locals on here.

Thanks man! Yea I live in Cullman and I work in Athens. Southeast of H'ville like the Arab area?

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yea I live in Cullman and I work in Athens. Southeast of H'ville like the Arab area?

Not that far. Owens X-roads.

I will have to get some pointers on how you did the rockers in liner coating, that is one of the first things I want to do to mine.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Thanks Kyle! It's got a little Texas rake in it I'd like to level out but overall i'm very happy with it, but I just have so much more to do almost feel overwhelmed.... Did you get your truck fixed?

Not yet, just waiting on the guy who I'm getting the tranny from to drop it out of the truck! Should be running by the end the end of the week

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that far. Owens X-roads.

I will have to get some pointers on how you did the rockers in liner coating, that is one of the first things I want to do to mine.

peel the molding off, put tape along the bottom crease that was right above the molding (or wherever you want the liner to stop) then use roll of plastic to cover the truck and tape the plastic to the tape line you already made. make sure you cover everything with plastic that isn't getting linered (wheels, bumpers, etc.) bc the overspray on that stuff is really bad. My bumpers were already removed so it was pretty easy to do. I think we used the duplicolor brand liner though, wish it had been Line-X to match my bed.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Looks really good bro! I think you sold me on bed lining my rockers. I also vote tire gate. I have one (not currently on) but it keeps the spare tire out of the way and allows you to use the bed. Plus it looks good too

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really good bro! I think you sold me on bed lining my rockers. I also vote tire gate. I have one (not currently on) but it keeps the spare tire out of the way and allows you to use the bed. Plus it looks good too

Thanks man! You need to hurry up and install the Tiregate and post up some pics!!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I had it on. But with a 37" tire it started becoming a pain opening every day. I use my truck for work too so it's a bit much to open on a daily basis. But when I first used it just for camping it wasn't a problem

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it on. But with a 37" tire it started becoming a pain opening every day. I use my truck for work too so it's a bit much to open on a daily basis. But when I first used it just for camping it wasn't a problem

Oh ok. How do you mount your spare now?