Havoc's '98 Z71 Build!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time starting a thread so bear with me. I'd like to take you through the evolution of my pretty much stock '98 Z71 to what it has become. Started this project back in May (2013) and have made several mods since then. I'll be including lots of pictures from beginning to end. New Mods include: Bed Linered rocker panels, Tough Country (Peacemaker) front bumper w/ 12,000 lb Warn winch, Paint to match OEM Gloss Black rear bumper and Paint to Match Gloss Black Grille, KC Slim Lites Long Range, 20% window tint on all but front windshield, all new exhaust piping w/ true dual in and out Magnaflow "X" pipe and 18" Black Chrome Tips, Satin Black Powder Coated Toolbox, 16" Worx "Tank" Wheels with 295/ 75r16 Hankook Dynapro MTs and a 4"-6" RCX Lift. Already on the truck was a K&N Cold Air Intake and a hypertech programmer and 285/ 75r16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Pictures will start with the befores and progress to the afters.

Truck as it was:
You must be registered for see images attach

During the Process:

Bed Liner Rocker Panels

Bumper, Winch, and KC Install

Wheels w/ 285/ 75 Nitto Terra Graps

Few Random Pics before current product:

Finally how she sits now! :

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two babies

Last edited:

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great man! Love the truck!!

Nice truck!

Thanks guys! It's been a process and still a lot I want to do on both exterior and interior. I look forward to opinions and ideas. Next things I've got planned are smoke cab lights, black out the head and tail lights, then I'm can't decide on a Tiregate for the spare orrrr doing a TAG rear bumper replacement with the spare tire mount on it. After that It's gonna be rearend rebuild (hope to swap in a 14 bolt sf with 4.10 or 4.56 gears) and regear front differential. After that maybe the 295s will be wore out and time for some 315s :rocking:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks guys! It's been a process and still a lot I want to do on both exterior and interior. I look forward to opinions and ideas. Next things I've got planned are smoke cab lights, black out the head and tail lights, then I'm can't decide on a Tiregate for the spare orrrr doing a TAG rear bumper replacement with the spare tire mount on it. After that It's gonna be rearend rebuild (hope to swap in a 14 bolt sf with 4.10 or 4.56 gears) and regear front differential. After that maybe the 295s will be wore out and time for some 315s :rocking:

I vote tiregate...im sorry but Tag has become unreliable.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote tiregate...im sorry but Tag has become unreliable.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

Yea I was leaning towards the Tiregate (though it was mostly bc the design of the TAG rear bumper didn't really match the looks of my front bumper). However for future reference how has TAG become unreliable since I have no experience with them?

Looks great Travis! Sexy beast!

Thanks Kyle! It's got a little Texas rake in it I'd like to level out but overall i'm very happy with it, but I just have so much more to do almost feel overwhelmed.... Did you get your truck fixed?

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great man. Your setup is basically along the lines of what I want to do...... And you are local, I live just southeast of huntsville and I was in Cullman this past saturday. Nice to see some locals on here.