Gt45 t4 turbocharger on stock 350 tbi 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbychili92

Reaction score
I have a bone stock 350 tbi that I'm gonna put a gt45 t4 turbocharger with the included headers on it. What do I need to buy to make this work. I know I'm gonna have to upgrade cam and fuel pump and all kinds a crap but what do I need other that the headers and turbocharger to actually hook it up right. I'm gonna do the mods after it's installed so I don't need any advice on that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914_171027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_171027_Chrome.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 36

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you after a gross horsepower increase or a flat rated power to keep continuous power at any altitude, and or climbing hills going over a pass ?

bobbychili92

Reaction score
Are you after a gross horsepower increase or a flat rated power to keep continuous power at any altitude, and or climbing hills going over a pass ?
I am going 383 stroker and swapping tbi to Quadra jet carb. With a mild flat tappet cam with eaton supercharger. Got all the parts. I have the ability to do the turbo so I'm gonna fab that before it goes to machinist. Just want something fun to do with my son. He likes goin to the drag strip. Just want something to drive on the dragstrip lol I wanna make it so there no chance I can blow my motor up after it's bored and flat tops are installed

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how phenomenal those cheap Chinese turbos are. Hardly ever do they fail and send their innards down the intake and trash an engine. Flat tops and boost. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Actually, the Chinese turbos aren't all that bad these days. Not like in the early 2000s when they used to epoxy the housings together.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding boost always increases the chance of motor damage. Adding uncontrolled boost to a stock 30 year old motor is a great way to FAFO exactly how much damage you can do.

Are you doing a blower (you said Eaton) or a turbo? Set-up is completely different.
Cheap Chinese turbos aren't bad I'd you know where to shop, but you're taking a chance.

If you plan on making passes at the drag strip do yourself a favor and start with a better platform.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I am going 383 stroker and swapping tbi to Quadra jet carb. With a mild flat tappet cam with eaton supercharger. Got all the parts.

Oh man... what are your plans today vs yesterday vs tomorrow? Maybe add Nnaawwss on top of your turbo'd/super'd/stroke'd/carb'd combo?

I have the ability to do the turbo so I'm gonna fab that before it goes to machinist. Just want something fun to do with my son. He likes goin to the drag strip. Just want something to drive on the dragstrip lol

Ok, I wont judge your abilities... yet. I just hope you keep talking to prove your skills. Just remember, pictures and videos or it doesn't exist.

I wanna make it so there no chance I can blow my motor up after it's bored and flat tops are installed

That a much different description about your intentions than your original post...

I have a bone stock 350 tbi that I'm gonna put a gt45 t4 turbocharger with the included headers on it. What do I need to buy to make this work. I know I'm gonna have to upgrade cam and fuel pump and all kinds a crap but what do I need other that the headers and turbocharger to actually hook it up right. I'm gonna do the mods after it's installed so I don't need any advice on that.

I'm smelling a field full of very large piles of cow manure all covered with juicy layers of cycadlike mushrooms in this thread...

I hope I am proven wrong.