Gt45 t4 turbocharger on stock 350 tbi 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbychili92

Reaction score
Oh man... what are your plans today vs yesterday vs tomorrow? Maybe add Nnaawwss on top of your turbo'd/super'd/stroke'd/carb'd combo?

Ok, I wont judge your abilities... yet. I just hope you keep talking to prove your skills. Just remember, pictures and videos or it doesn't exist.

That a much different description about your intentions than your original post...

I'm smelling a field full of very large piles of cow manure all covered with juicy layers of cycadlike mushrooms in this thread...

I hope I am proven wrong.
I told yal what I'm working with first post. I have everything I need to do all that. I've just seen a bunch a crap that I might and might not need for the turbo. I'm honestly just gonna goto goblin and ask them. Did any of you see the thread. I got nothing but **** comments on something I'm just asking for advice on

bobbychili92

Reaction score
Adding boost always increases the chance of motor damage. Adding uncontrolled boost to a stock 30 year old motor is a great way to FAFO exactly how much damage you can do.

Are you doing a blower (you said Eaton) or a turbo? Set-up is completely different.
Cheap Chinese turbos aren't bad I'd you know where to shop, but you're taking a chance.

If you plan on making passes at the drag strip do yourself a favor and start with a better platform.
The motor is going to machinist in a month. He's gonna do all the motor work. It'll be completely rebuilt n bored. New everything. I bought everything pretty cheap on ebay. I got some junkyard vortec heads and in intake. But cam comes with everything to rebuild the heads new. Is a junkyard eaton m90 and gt45 t4 turbo and the headers come with the turbo of eBay. I just need a know what else I need for turbo. I got the turbo and turbo headers. What else do I need?

bobbychili92

Reaction score
Are you after a gross horsepower increase or a flat rated power to keep continuous power at any altitude, and or climbing hills going over a pass ?
Man I got the turbo and turbo headers. Regardless of what my motor has as of thus second what else do I need to plumb a turbo

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The motor is going to machinist in a month. He's gonna do all the motor work. It'll be completely rebuilt n bored. New everything. I bought everything pretty cheap on ebay. I got some junkyard vortec heads and in intake. But cam comes with everything to rebuild the heads new. Is a junkyard eaton m90 and gt45 t4 turbo and the headers come with the turbo of eBay. I just need a know what else I need for turbo. I got the turbo and turbo headers. What else do I need?
you going to turbo the supercharger or supercharge the turbo?

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have to ask what is needed to plumb a turbo, you shouldn't be attempting the process.
My personal experience: I bought the 94 k1500 (that I currently drive) about 12yr ago. It was bone stock with 6.5 diesel. I'm a diesel guy, so I got the notion it would be cool to have a 6.5 that could laugh at the newer diesels. I chose to centermount a 71mm turbo on the thing. There is NOBODY who could possibly help me with this plumbing nightmare. So, I dove in. I scavenged a few parts, but most of it was made by me. I literally made what I needed for my application.
In your vehicle, it appears you want similar things. You want YOUR CHOICE turbo and exhaust manifold setup, then... what? Is it OUR CHOICE for the rest of the parts?
Here's generic info: a turbo needs an exhaust manifold to bolt to, and an exhaust pipe to exit engine bay. It'll need oil feed, oil drain. If water cooled, that'll need plumbed in. On intake side, you'll need to fashion an air filter arraingement to the large aluminum opening of the turbo, and boost line going to the engine. That's about it! Simple stuff really.
We can't help you because we simply have too few factors to go on. Either post your ENTIRE parts list, pics are helpful, or the flames will continue.