Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The springs shouldn't give you issues by themselves on the alignment. Be prepared to pay extra to have the knockouts removed after you lift it though. They will probably have to get them out to get it back in spec...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Sitting in my Grandma's driveway today, my dad told me how strongly he could smell the exhaust insided witht he doors and windows closed. I knew I could smell it, I just thought since it's old and stuff, it was to be expected. Anyways, what could this be? Exhaust leak?

94.Sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup exhaust leak, what you described is to the letter how mine was. For me it ended up being 4 small holes in the intermediate pipe and 1 big one where a exhaust hanger rusted off where it was welded. Good luck exhaust work is a p.i.t.a haha

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yup exhaust leak, what you described is to the letter how mine was. For me it ended up being 4 small holes in the intermediate pipe and 1 big one where a exhaust hanger rusted off where it was welded. Good luck exhaust work is a p.i.t.a haha

Ok. Thanks. I'm about to replace it anyways so I'll deal with it then.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Update (Pics tomarrow):
I installed a trailer harness and spent 4 hours washing it. Took the valence off and ordered some tow hooks. Those valences are expensive. $10 turns into $40 with shipping from rockauto.com.
Once again, changed my plans:
- 2" Coil Springs
- 2" Rear Blocks
- New Shocks all around with Red Boots
- 31x10.5r15 Treadwright Guard Dogs
- Jet Accu Speed Control Unit
- Flomaster 40 Series Muffler 2 1/4" Single I/O
- Tow Hooks
- Tow Hook Valence

Future Plans:
- Posi
- HIDs