Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Tossing around th eidea of doing a little sumpthing to the audio in my truck. I know nothing about this stuff so any pointers would be great. I want to do a reciever and speakers in the stock locations in the doors (and a cb radio). Other than that, I got nothing. I also don't want anything insane like a custom center console or anyhting. Help. POST PICS. Anything.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Tossing around th eidea of doing a little sumpthing to the audio in my truck. I know nothing about this stuff so any pointers would be great. I want to do a reciever and speakers in the stock locations in the doors (and a cb radio). Other than that, I got nothing. I also don't want anything insane like a custom center console or anyhting. Help. POST PICS. Anything.

What you gotta do is REAL simple, see? Hop into yer pick up and roll on down to this place that they call the exhaust shop. Tell them to chop off yer mufflers and give ya dual exhaust with glasspacks. Problem solved, because audio will be irrelevant. :lol:

Honestly, I have no clue about radio stuff either. I geuss I've never had problems with mine. I hear a lot of people complain about the sound systems in these trucks. Plenty loud, good control and clear- what's missing? A nicer CD player, maybe? My dad has an expensive after-market sound system in his K-10 and I can't really tell the difference.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I want the reciever and door speakers for looks mainly. Just wondering what people on here do. Guess I'll go searching. I would if..... no i wouldn't, like hearin' music going down the road. :rofl:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
As requested by Vortec Lover, here are some current pics of my truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
As requested by Vortec Lover, here are some current pics of my truck

Looks awesome! On your truck no valence is way better because the whole vehicle looks straighter- otherwise it's just this black plastic thing hanging down on the front. Looks good! Are you planning on staying tan or no? I've seen one tan truck before that was lifted and it looked really good- to my surprise.

Oh yeah, put some paint in those wheel wells. I did and it looks way better.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Looks awesome! On your truck no valence is way better because the whole vehicle looks straighter- otherwise it's just this black plastic thing hanging down on the front. Looks good! Are you planning on staying tan or no? I've seen one tan truck before that was lifted and it looked really good- to my surprise.

Oh yeah, put some paint in those wheel wells. I did and it looks way better.

1) I am staying tan
2) I havn't thought of that before, but I think you just convinced me to spend $.99 on black spray paint

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
i completely disagree about the valance. please put it back on. almost all the trucks i see with no valance are beat to $hittttt. yours isn't keep it looking nice. just my opinion,

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to cut holes in it for tow hooks and depending on how that turns out, I will either put it back on or leave it off for a while.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My neighbor is pretty good at this stuff. He did it for his '89 stepside a few years ago. I might ask him to do it or I might just attempt it anyways. IDK yet