Flowmaster 40 or Thrush welded on Vortec 305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowride55

Reaction score
LoudnLifted88, I went out an measured mine and it is 2.75 OD. Did you just go with a 3" muffler? Putting 2.75 piping on a vehicle is pretty ignorant considering how uncommon it is. And Wagonbacker9, thanks for the offer! What town do you live in? Im about 30 miles of Peoria.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
LoudnLifted88, I went out an measured mine and it is 2.75 OD. Did you just go with a 3" muffler? Putting 2.75 piping on a vehicle is pretty ignorant considering how uncommon it is. And Wagonbacker9, thanks for the offer! What town do you live in? Im about 30 miles of Peoria.

yeah i set it on there and held one end up with a jackstand and welded it up

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

Hah, thats kinda funny. I've got a guy coming up to buy a set of wheels from me from peoria in the next couple weeks. Its a 5 hour ride. LOL

(unfortionately he won't have space for exhaust, and it won't be ready to pull off when he's here yet anyway)

slowride55

Reaction score
Doesnt he have a truck? Lol thats ok. So whats wrong with your 350? You'll like the 5.3, we've got one in our 02 ECSB Silverado.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Doesnt he have a truck? Lol thats ok. So whats wrong with your 350? You'll like the 5.3, we've got one in our 02 ECSB Silverado.

No, he's got a GTO.. the wheels are off of my car that I sold last month.

Nothing wrong with the 350, 4l60e is shifting real funny though, so I took the opportunity to go all out on the replacement. Plus with the GTO gone I'm missing me some LS-based power. With the cam I'm putting in I should only be about 100 hp under where the GTO was... instead of the 200+ down I am now.

slowride55

Reaction score
Oh ok. How many miles are on your truck? Ive got 156,270. And my uncle has a black 67 GTO 400 4 speed, Its a beast.

slowride55

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Im hoping to take mine up to 250 and beyond. These trucks last forever if you dont live in a state that uses salt lol

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Texas truck, spent a few years in WI now.. but I patched the one bad rust spot, everything else is real clean. Its on its 2nd engine, trans and rear end at least..

slowride55

Reaction score
Alright. If you want to see my truck Ive got a few videos of it and me working on it. youtube.com/slowride55