First (real) snow of the year pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Started snowing this morning and it's the first of the year that's really amounted to anything. Took awhile for DOT to get around to plowing, I guess they were pretty backed up.

This is my yard, and there are actually 5 GMT-400s in this picture (you can barely see the tailgate of my K2500 in the background).
1991 K2500 RCLB plow truck on the left, 1998 C3500HD dump truck by the house, then another 1996 K2500 ECLB I have yet to decide what to do with, and my old half ton (1996 Z71 RCLB, far right) which is currently a parts truck awaiting a meeting with it's maker.
You must be registered for see images attach

The plow truck and dump aren't mine but I work on them and use them whenever I need, they are both living at my house for the past couple weeks. Here's a closeup of the dump:
You must be registered for see images attach

It's a 6.5/standard with around 172'000kms (106k miles).

GMT-400s FTW!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of them around. They're a really neat vehicle, not so big that you need a higher class license or making it difficult to park (i.e. delivering firewood in town), but are extremely tough and capable. 2+ cords of green (heavy) firewood is no issue for that truck.
I'll be curious to check the fuel mileage on it. I haven't run the RPO codes on the truck but I'm assuming it has a 4.56 rear, it seems to be really good on fuel at least when you're doing around 80km/h. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets better mileage than my K2500, which would be impressive for a vehicle with a 15'000lb GVWR.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like we got a little more here, around 4" on the ground. its the second snow that has added up here. Time to get the sleds ready!