first modification suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
ok guys,,im about to make the first mods to project barn find,,as with most,,money is tight,,so i need the best bang for the buck,,i priced a k&n air filter at 50.00 bux,,,i can get a decent muffler for about another 50.00 bux,,,beyond this i am at a loss as what to do,, the truck is bone stock 5.7 with a 3.42 gear and a 7oor4 trans,,,
i would like to do true duals at some point but right now that is out of the question money wise,,so what about the tbi mods??

are they worth it?? is it something i can do at home??

thanks for the help...:cheers:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Yes the ultimate tbi mods are definitely worth it, also it's something you can do at home with a dremel tool. Are you just looking for performance mods or appearance stuff as well?

Sent from the....... Ferd

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
just performance,,i could care less for looks,,i wouldnt have chrome on my engine if you gave it to me,,,thanks for your time and reply,,,cheers,,,

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
best mods on the cheap ok

TBI mods
Vette servo
4 HI
ebay stainless headers
electric fans you can get cheap. i can get lt1 and ls1 fans for 45 bucks plus shipping all day
tuneup
abs delete if you have RWAL

theres so many cheap mods its ridiculous

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like a plan tylerz28,,will have to study up on the tbi stuff,,,
anyone ever use a holley tbi???

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Do not get a k and n filter. They let alot more contamination into the engine

sent from Rustbucket

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Holley TBI is overpriced and the injectors are known to have issues, if you fix that they can be good, theres a place on Ebay xtreme-efi they sell modded TBI units and parts, and X2 on not getting the K&N air filter get the Amsoil one its more but its un oiled and doesn't have the issues the K&N does

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk