Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It probably wouldn't bother me if they were fixed. I honestly will probably never tow anything that would need them extended. The stock mirrors are just too dinky/small. But I started driving with the "birds eye view" huge mirrors on my 78 an miss being able to see the next county behind me lol.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Maybe. My concern would be the slide-stop mechanism, and what (if anything) is keeping the mirror from sliding other than friction. It felt to me like there was some kind of detent which you may or may not be able to replicate. Plus, I have the lit version, so I wouldn't want to screw up anything there. I think if you tore into them, you'd have to at least be willing to some out the other side with fixed mirrors. Though I do minimal towing, I'm personally not willing to because the advantage in these was that they ARE superior for towing..

Ya I feel like the slide-stop mechanism would be located in the end of the outer slider, but I have no idea what the internals are like since I don't actually have a pair. I know I'm not a brave enough soul to tear some apart haha

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I imagine it being done the cheapest way possible, which in all likelyhood, does not lend itself well to being re-purposed at a different length. lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if someone wants to donate a set to me I will dang sure try it :rofl:

No way I will do it on the set I purchase. I will look them over to see if its possible, but probably will stop short of tearing into them....

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you find out exactly where he got those from? They are a lot closer to the truck when collapsed than any others I've seen....

He bought the standart ones from ebay and modified. He never tows, so he cut the leigth and block the extension.

And btw this is 2 in. bodylifted with 33 wheels. On stockers this mirrors looks like an elefant ears.

seeing as he has 98 headlights in a 99, I would assume the bumper was also a cosmetic swap before I assumed it was a 6.5l.

Nope it's export Bosch headlights with 88-89 truck brackets. There is a thread about it.
And hell no.... this is 5.7 Vortec gas. Bumper was taken from the diesel truck.

holy lights batman... his truck has more lights than my house!

But can you imagine what happen when he makes a light shot to some dick who's blinding everybody with his high beam :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
i saw it once when i tried to make a joke on him. Don't want to repeat.....
Btw lustra was taken from Hummer H3.

Last edited:

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But can you imagine what happen when he makes a light shot to some dick who's blinding everybody with his high beam :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
i saw it once when i tried to make a joke on him. Don't want to repeat.....
Btw lustra was taken from Hummer H3.

It is fun especially with the idiots out there that will not dim them, years ago when I had my blazer had driving lights, 100 watt fog lights, 5x7 long range lights on the front, with 5 long ranges on the roof. Was listening to the one day and Ted Nugent had them set up that way and was talking about it one day how he turned them on because of somebody not dimming down and blinding him.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He bought the standart ones from ebay and modified. He never tows, so he cut the leigth and block the extension.

And btw this is 2 in. bodylifted with 33 wheels. On stockers this mirrors looks like an elefant ears.

Can you get any details or pictures of how the mirror comes apart?