Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my bottom one got a chip in it and then my dad had to go and push on it so now its broken if more. hoping i can replace it with a replacement one from like a dealer should be able to right?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
my bottom one got a chip in it and then my dad had to go and push on it so now its broken if more. hoping i can replace it with a replacement one from like a dealer should be able to right?

I wouldn't assume so. The design is specifically supposed to mimmick it, so its quite within the realm of possibilities, but I wouldn't just assume it'll work.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
No, you cannot go to a dealer and get one for these trucks, I took mine to a Chevy Dealer to look at some new Camaros and they were like "how they hell did you get these on here?" They didn't even know it was possible, they will probably say "No such thing for that model of truck." The only way to get a replacement is through the eBay seller, idk if he would sell you just one.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Any glass place may have some bulk mirror glass they can cut down and fit in to place. However...There have been a few on the truckstop who have taken the mirrors right apart to figure out their guts not to do what P2 is hoping but to see if its doable to add a function that is there on the GMT800 mirrors and that is adding the turn signal behind the main lens. and it was commented on that stock GMT800 lens pieces may just fit these. On that note...i might actually order a pair of the basic non lit ones next month. Unless i can sort out where i can plug into the trucks wiring to make the clearance lights work.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris you could plug them in where the cab lights go in the fuse box if you want running lights only. Look at the plug on that harness I have for sale that will give you an idea on where it is in the fuse box.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Chris you could plug them in where the cab lights go in the fuse box if you want running lights only. Look at the plug on that harness I have for sale that will give you an idea on where it is in the fuse box.

Are we talking the actual fuse box in the dash or that big ass panel with all the male plugs on it on the firewall? I think its an accessory panel or something?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one on the firewall, maybe fuse box isn't the best thing to call it, I thought it had fuses in there too though :shrug:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The one on the firewall, maybe fuse box isn't the best thing to call it, I thought it had fuses in there too though :shrug:

Yea i wondered about that panel a few times when i have looked under there...it mostly looks like its there to add stuff like the clearance lights via a stock harness. What i think some of the guys do who have the cab lights is actually splice the mirrors lights into said factory cab light harness. Im pretty sure said panel is also used to add stuff like the factory foglights. I have been refering to it as an accessory panel when i have spoken about it before.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy is a tec at a dealer and he looked at it he said it might work. they have replaced the mirror only on them before and he said it looks the same. ill most likely try it today.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:banana-mario:went to the dealer and picked the part up.
the old one
You must be registered for see images attach

same

and its in and fits and works
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/images/smilies/banana-mario.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members