Encounters with your GMT-400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had the beautiful marks from a chain that snapped all across my bumper, tailgate, truck box, and roof. It also scratched the rear window. This was my second brand new truck in 1999. It was 3 months old. I was removing tree stumps from my yard in 4wd low with an overweight right foot and 15' of slack in a 30' 3/8" chain.

Do you remember the saying that you could learn a lot from a dummy? Guess how much I learned that day?

That's one of those hard learned lessons, the kind that stick with you forever.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
That was also the last Dodge product that I've purchased. There was a looooong string of failures in 23k of ownership. I also hit 2 deer and a bale of hay damaging every other body panel on the truck.
Thats what happend to mine. I was driving this whindy a.. back road and this deer ran off the cliff in front of my truck. It did a mid air 360 cracked the grill pushed in the bumper. Luckly no major damage. Thats why my truck grille is rhino lined. Its a new used one.

Edit: for people who dont believe in reindeer. There is such thing. I yelled out d...n you Rudolph

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thats what happend to mine. I was driving this whindy a.. back road and this deer ran off the cliff in front of my truck. It did a mid air 360 cracked the grill pushed in the bumper. Luckly no major damage. Thats why my truck grille is rhino lined. Its a new used one.

Edit: for people who dont believe in reindeer. There is such thing. I yelled out d...n you Rudolph
That's what happened to Grandma in that song....