Encounters with your GMT-400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blew a transmission cooler line in a 98 in morning rush hour in Atlanta twenty years ago. Lots of fun trying to limp my way across six lanes to the shoulder. Didn’t want to be one of those “stalled vehicles” on the radio traffic report.

Some lady laid on the horn and gave me the finger. Geez thanks, lady, I’m doing this crap on purpose. I woke up this morning just planning to piss you off.

Stuff never breaks when it’s convenient.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was driving to Burnsville Center to go to this small asian restaurant in the food court bc they have great food. All of a sudden my revs get high, but I'm not going any faster. I pull over and call my local Buick GMC dealer and they told me to come in. I hobbled the truck over there and turns out the aftermarket trans cooler failed resulting in my recently replaced transmission to burn up. Took them 3 months to find a new used trans since GM wouldn't honor the warranty on theirs. They didn't charge me labor for it bc everyone felt bad for me and I waited so long.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
These are all incredible stories. Im sorry they happen to yall. And im glad your here to tell the stories. Some of you must have went on one hell of a ride.. one other scariest thing that happend to me. I was headed home from work bout 930 10 in the evening. It had rained earlier that day but the roads were dry (i thought) it was dark. I was coming up the mountain road. I had a car in the lane beside me when the truck broke loose on me i drifted around this turn again up hill. The rear had caught the dry edge of the road. Them wheels grabbed and just about threw me off the embankment i got her straight with a 10 out of 10 pucker factor i was scared but i knew to keep calm and focus. All on my 3rd day on my provisionals.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one just the other day. I was getting after it on a turn and found the max limit of my trucks cornering ability. Caught some loose gravel on the shoulder but managed to back off and straighten out. Always stay calm. Driving my ‘92 at speed is like trying to turn a boat.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one just the other day. I was getting after it on a turn and found the max limit of my trucks cornering ability. Caught some loose gravel on the shoulder but managed to back off and straighten out. Always stay calm. Driving my ‘92 at speed is like trying to turn a boat.
Yes, always stay calm, and only make small adjustments at a time so you don't over correct.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Yea that was b4 i replaced the shocks. My shockes were horrible like you could compress them by 2 fingers one on each end. My cornering was really bad then. Its still bad. But not like that.