Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also there are shops near me that do both mandrel bending and conventional bending of stainless. There is a difference if the pricing but is mandrel worth it that much more?

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Also there are shops near me that do both mandrel bending and conventional bending of stainless. There is a difference if the pricing but is mandrel worth it that much more?

If you ever planning anything more than mufflers in the future mandrel bent will be worth it. i just finished my exhaust with 2.25" piping on a mild 350. it flows pretty good but i will be getting an x pipe and the same muffler as you, just a 14" not 11" post a vid when its done, want to hear how it sounds.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you ever planning anything more than mufflers in the future mandrel bent will be worth it. i just finished my exhaust with 2.25" piping on a mild 350. it flows pretty good but i will be getting an x pipe and the same muffler as you, just a 14" not 11" post a vid when its done, want to hear how it sounds.

I will for sure man. I've been toying with the idea of tackling the project with my Dad's friend who is a welder and did his own custom on his Jeep YJ. If he will help me for a case of beer I will be buying the headers that you have and doing a full 2.5" back with an x pipe. Only reason for the 2.5" is to leave me room to beef up the 350 a bit. Hoping I can go this way since the cheapest quote I got for a cat back is $400.
Otherwise I will just be doing a 2.5" cat back for now until I get the funds for headers and a full system.

Oh and btw, I think the 14" DI/DO magnaflow has an internal crossover.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I will for sure man. I've been toying with the idea of tackling the project with my Dad's friend who is a welder and did his own custom on his Jeep YJ. If he will help me for a case of beer I will be buying the headers that you have and doing a full 2.5" back with an x pipe. Only reason for the 2.5" is to leave me room to beef up the 350 a bit. Hoping I can go this way since the cheapest quote I got for a cat back is $400.
Otherwise I will just be doing a 2.5" cat back for now until I get the funds for headers and a full system.

Oh and btw, I think the 14" DI/DO magnaflow has an internal crossover.

Awesome, if your running on budget it will be hard to start too much, when i put in the headers being theyre lts i had to run the pipe across at the driveshaft, but getting the muffler, mabye x-pipe in would be an awesome start. and i looked up the muffler but none of them say if there crossover. i may wait , if yours is a little too loud a may just get it anyways. cause mine will be even louder without cats. and 2.5 is a good size. i just wend with 2.25 cause its what i had here when i ordered the piping and reducers. let me know if you have any questions when it comes to the headers. i have a half assed build thread on fsc

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the general opinion on here is that straight pipes sound like crap.... and your not gonna get that much from not having the mufflers

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, if your running on budget it will be hard to start too much, when i put in the headers being theyre lts i had to run the pipe across at the driveshaft, but getting the muffler, mabye x-pipe in would be an awesome start. and i looked up the muffler but none of them say if there crossover. i may wait , if yours is a little too loud a may just get it anyways. cause mine will be even louder without cats. and 2.5 is a good size. i just wend with 2.25 cause its what i had here when i ordered the piping and reducers. let me know if you have any questions when it comes to the headers. i have a half assed build thread on fsc

Ya that's what I'm thinking. Unless I can do it all myself for a decent price, a cat back system will go in for now.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Ya that's what I'm thinking. Unless I can do it all myself for a decent price, a cat back system will go in for now.
do you have a welder? you could save piles of money if you did it yourself. its actually pretty easy, will probably take a weekend, or less with some good help. all the parts could be had for probably 600-700$ easy.. which is pretty good considering some people pay that for just headers!

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have a welder? you could save piles of money if you did it yourself. its actually pretty easy, will probably take a weekend, or less with some good help. all the parts could be had for probably 600-700$ easy.. which is pretty good considering some people pay that for just headers!

I don't but my Dad's buddy is a welder by trade so he could help me out. Did you go with stainless steel piping? If so where did you get it from?

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I don't but my Dad's buddy is a welder by trade so he could help me out. Did you go with stainless steel piping? If so where did you get it from?

Well we run a custom stainless fab shop here, but being we cant mandrel bend that big i just bought some prebent J's and welded it to straight pipe. being i'm cheap i just used mild, and threw some high temp paint on.