Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wanting to do a dual exhaust set up. I want to have cats, mufflers and an x pipe. Gonna go with 2.25" piping but not sure what kind of mufflers/cats to get. Also does anyone have a diagram of a dual exhaust set up, wondering how far up to put the x pipe.
I want a deep tone but not too loud, and no popping or drone would be the best.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not 100% sure, but I think people are losing power and MPG from duals without doing the headers as well. Like I said I'm not 100% sure, just what I recall seeing in other threads.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not 100% sure, but I think people are losing power and MPG from duals without doing the headers as well. Like I said I'm not 100% sure, just what I recall seeing in other threads.

I think that is from dual straight piping, I don't think duals with cats and mufflers hurt if I'm correct.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eventually I will do headers but until then I want to just want to do from the headers back.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want a true dual, you lose hp and low end torque when you don't add in a y or x pipe.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah so many people think they have true duals when they have an x or h pipe, when in fact they do not.

I have 2.5" true duals with no connections and I think the low end is still similar and it pulls better up top.

And it sounds sick nothing like it, just that classic, crisp chevy 350 rumble.

I got 2 thunderbolt hi flow cats and 2 thrush 28" glasspacks along with 4x18" tips.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got tru duals with flow 10's ,
there is a point in getting new exhaust without getting headers,,gez
imo i dont think theres a point in buying an x pipe or h pipe if ur not gettin headers