Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, im not picking sides here.... but the threory is that the equalization in pressure makes both sides flow more efficiently. The flip side best I cant tell is that its a straight shot right out the tip. I think with new science in the motor, the old ways of thinking have been rethought and different conclusions made. Magnaflow and such companies who r&d the crap out of stuff all run some sort of cross over piping. I will be running a X pipe, but I had it laying around anyway from a previous build.

All that being said, the headers are the weakest link if you do the rest and not the headers. 2" pipe into 2.25 (i think thats what you said) will sound deeper from the expanded size, but wont net you as much of a gain. You will see and hear a difference, but it wont match the same as doing a FULL exhaust. Most of the headers I saw were all a 2.5" collector, so think about that when sizing your piping. If you have a 2.5" collector flowing into a 2.25" pipe, it will bottle neck and reduce the exhaust velocity.

thats my .02, but like I said i dont care to pick sides over who is right and wrong. Building custom rides is an art not a science. There is no wrong.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm actually probably just going to go 2.5" with all the piping. My biggest question is if I buy the x pipe, mufflers, cats and tips from online, can I get a exhaust shop to use 2.5" stainless steel piping and get it custom done like that or can I re use the stock piping?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes a shop will be able to do it. You want re-use the stock 2" as a 2.5"? I think I am mis understanding that part of the question. But as for a shop doing stainless, most shops will use mild steel and crush bend it. If you want stainless, you pay more and they have to mandrel (sp?) bend it. Mandrel benders are costly and not too many shops have them. Ask when you call around if they have a mandrel and if they plan on using stainless.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought stock was 2.5", my bad. Still somewhat conteplating if i should go 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" piping or would I not see a difference in performance if I go with either?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
based off everything I saw for headers being 2.5" out, I decided to go with 2.5. If you are buying the parts first then having a shop hang them, decide before you buy the cats and mufflers. You dont want to buy 2.25 cats and then decided to run 2.5" piping.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm probably just going to go 2.5", performance can't change too much because of 1/4" in the piping. Gonna run an ebay x pipe, magnaflow cats & tips. Either dynomax bullets or magnflow 14" mufflers. I'll probably get stainless piping so it doesn't rust to ****.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds pretty solid. I would say do headers with it asap for best gains, but your preference and wallet come first.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking of waiting then taking a trip to the US and buying all the stuff I need a lot cheaper and get headers with it.