Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so the body lift is installed and the spacers are moved to the rear. I installed all new cam bolts. I figured why not since I was all up in there. Now I cannot get the tires even close to straight up and down on the front. As you can see from the photos I have the cams turned all the way straight out to the max. Don't know what else to do. I am nervous about taking it back to get another alignment when I have already turned it to the max. Is there something I am missing? Now I did replace the upper control arms with factory ones. Could that be the issue? I sure you guys are going to come up with something simple I am missing but I am really scratching my head now.....:shrug::shrug::shrug:

You must be registered for see images attach

You replaced the upper control arms. Did you some how get 2500hd upper control arms because im pretty sure they're longer than 1500 ones.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes all new.
Just to run thru the list again and maybe something will spark an idea with someone.
New shocks
New UCA
New Upper and Lower ball joints
New tie rod (inner and outer)
New Idler and pitman arms
New Hub assembly
New brakes rotors and calipers

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered new control arms for a K1500. I am not sure if that is what I got. I will do some research on that tomorrow. But sitting here I am wondering. Is it possible that I could have put the control arms on the wrong side? Could that have caused it?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I ordered new control arms for a K1500. I am not sure if that is what I got. I will do some research on that tomorrow. But sitting here I am wondering. Is it possible that I could have put the control arms on the wrong side? Could that have caused it?

They would still stick out the same distance from the frame.

How does it look with no tire? from the rotor surface?

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I think you tire would be tight to the front or back of the fender then.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went out and looked and compared them to the pics online and they appear to be on the correct side.

Why do you get new control arms when you buy a lift kit? I would assume it is because there is a difference between the stock ones and the ones that are used on a lift kit. I ordered stock ones from 1aauto.com not thinking about the lift kit that was installed.

http://www.1aauto.com/control-arm-with-ball-joint-front-pair/i/1asfk01742?f=748247&y=1997

65nightmare

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you contact the lift manufacturer? They might of heard of this. Maybe it was friday in Mexico when they built your lift.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trailmaster was no help. They were bought out by someone else I forgot who and they said that all they could order for me was the bushings for the control arms I believe. They said nothing else was available.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I just went out and looked and compared them to the pics online and they appear to be on the correct side.

Why do you get new control arms when you buy a lift kit? I would assume it is because there is a difference between the stock ones and the ones that are used on a lift kit. I ordered stock ones from 1aauto.com not thinking about the lift kit that was installed.

http://www.1aauto.com/control-arm-with-ball-joint-front-pair/i/1asfk01742?f=748247&y=1997

This is a good question, I don't know then answer off hand as I'm not familiar with your lift, or any IFS lift really. Are your arms bolted to the stock frame mounts, or do you have a bracket moving them?