Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay tomorrow I am going to start with turning the bolts some more and see what that does. Then if I cannot get it there I will back off the torsion bolts and see where that leaves me. I guess I see what you are saying. The keys will only change the length the bolts are in. The "arc" will still be the same.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Okay tomorrow I am going to start with turning the bolts some more and see what that does. Then if I cannot get it there I will back off the torsion bolts and see where that leaves me. I guess I see what you are saying. The keys will only change the length the bolts are in. The "arc" will still be the same.

Correct, when you crank the torsion bars, you're just forcing them to turn, preloading the suspension. If you were to pull them out of the stock key, and put them in an already rotated key, it's the same thing.

On these trucks particularly, the adjustment you can get by turning the bolts before the arm hits, is the same as an aftermarket key gives you.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No luck.....:help::help::help:

So when I loosened this bolt it did just what I thought. This is a view of the nut side of course but when I rotated it upward the washer was no longer applying pressure to the bracket on the outside(right side in the photo) and it allowed the upper control arm to move back out. Tilting the tire outward on the top. Making it even worse than before.
You must be registered for see images attach

So I put it back out like it is in the picture here, pushing the control arm as far in as the washer would. Then I loosened the torsion bolts. They were not a long ways in but I loosened them all the way out so the key was resting on the little bracket. Then snugged it back up to just hold it in place but not moving the key. Again really did not make any difference.

Only other thing I can think of is should I drive it and see if it will correct itself at all? I have not driven it since I installed the new bolts and did the body lift (actually not totally done with the body lift). At this point I am clueless. I cannot get another lift kit. Maybe I could spring my dad for new upper control arms but that would be pushing it.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. The only difference is the torsion bolt on the passenger side was in a little more. But now they are out the same distance now.

Just did this little test. Hope it answers the question.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well bummer, I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. With your lift drop brackets and no torsion bars uncranked, you should be there.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I dont know what to do at this point. I am going to finish the body lift and then drive it a few miles and see if it doesn't straighten up. When I jack the front end up it seems to be a little closer to straight. Then they bow out when the weight of the truck is on it.