Steering knuckle replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artz66

Reaction score
Is the junkyard/ebay the only place to find replacement steering knuckles or is there a NOS/remain that makes them?

The reason I ask is that I have a 96 K1500 with 100k miles and am planning on rebuilding the front suspension this spring before doing a lift. I would like to have everything sort of pre assembled to make it go decently quick. The knuckle, brakes calipers, wheel hub, etc are super rust so I’m wanting to avoid the disassembly headache of rust bolts and stuck parts.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Far as I know, that's a Treasure-Yard-only item, unless someone's scrapping a vehicle on eBay or Craigslist or whatever.

When that was me, I just bought the whole front suspension minus the torsion bars and brake hoses which got cut to make removal of the rest, easier.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the junkyard/ebay the only place to find replacement steering knuckles or is there a NOS/remain that makes them?

The reason I ask is that I have a 96 K1500 with 100k miles and am planning on rebuilding the front suspension this spring before doing a lift. I would like to have everything sort of pre assembled to make it go decently quick. The knuckle, brakes calipers, wheel hub, etc are super rust so I’m wanting to avoid the disassembly headache of rust bolts and stuck parts.
Maybe find a parts truck.

Artz66

Reaction score
Far as I know, that's a Treasure-Yard-only item, unless someone's scrapping a vehicle on eBay or Craigslist or whatever.

When that was me, I just bought the whole front suspension minus the torsion bars and brake hoses which got cut to make removal of the rest, easier.
You must be registered for see images attach
Well looks like I’ll keep checking around as the local yards don’t have anything at the moment. Thank you for the help.

Artz66

Reaction score
True but the rest I can source new pretty easy instead of used parts and from what it seems the parts are relatively cheap.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s true, and I get it you don’t want a parts truck hanging around. I really wouldn’t either, but if it was a really good one, I’d put up with it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the knuckles, including the hubs with the original bearings. I used one or both of the Treasure Yard CV shafts--I kinda forget. I took the calipers apart for cleaning and inspection, then put 'em back together after assuring the bleeder screws moved freely, and the caliper piston and mounting sleeves were gliding nicely. The rotors were rusted--I ran my almost-worn-out brake pads for two weeks to scrub the rust from the rotor braking surfaces before popping the calipers back off to put new pads on. The rust on the rotor mounting surfaces was taken off with a wire brush on a drill motor before assembly.

'Bout the only things I replaced with "new" were the ball joints, control arm bushings, sway-bar bushings and end-links, (My truck didn't come with a front sway bar) brake pads and brake hoses. And brake fluid front-to-back, top-to-bottom, including inside the ABS.

Oh, yeah. I installed new front shocks, because I bought them before I bought the Treasure Yard front suspension that had decent shocks attached.