Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So got the truck back today and they said everything looked really good. It was a small leak in the front "main" seal I think she called it. Other that the only other thing was on the alignment. They got the caster and toe in. However the caster they could not get any closer than it already was. They said the top of the tires are almost hitting the knuckle/upper control arm as it is and so bringing in the camber anymore would shred the tires. Right now it is sitting out @ 3.4 on left and 2.4 on right, so both sides are leaning out.

I asked what I could do. They blamed it on the design of the block that is on top of the knuckle for the lift kit. I asked if I could get wheels with a more negative offset (not sure if that would work or not), or use spacers to move the tires out. They were not sure.

What are you opinions?

You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Camber, and the caster too for that matter, is adjusted via the bolts holding the control arm on(are your knock outs already knocked out in the upper arm mount to allow the cam bolts to work properly), the tire will not get any closer to the knuckle as the balljoint acts as a pivot. And the block add on thing is solid to the knuckle... it can not physically move closer to the tire unless is was loose as hell.. unless that suspension system uses adjustable (slotted holes) ball joint mounting where the upper ball joint gets bolted to... need to go to a place that ACTUALLY understand alignments and not just a place that reads the screen... they fed you some fresh still steaming bull crap..lol....

And yes new rims and or spacers would space it out aways from the block pieces but neither will effect your Camber adjustment..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could get some upper control arm drop brakes from most of the lift manufactures that use them and get rid of that block thing.... Rough country is the first one that comes to mind but I'm sure there are more... then you can still use the factory upper arm and do a regular alignment...

sent from what use to be a great country...

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could not get a picture but from what I am seeing online compared to the truck the knock outs are already out. I guess I will take it somewhere else to have them do the alignment. I just have no idea where....

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I could not get a picture but from what I am seeing online compared to the truck the knock outs are already out. I guess I will take it somewhere else to have them do the alignment. I just have no idea where....

I like Firestone, because they sell lifetime alignments

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You do mean when you say "life time alignements" what you meant to say was "life time toe and go" until a steering component or suspension part becomes loose then it voids your end of the bargain and you no longer have life time alignments until you have the part replaced at their location.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
No, what I meant to say was, lifetime alignment. I've never had any of that nonsense from them, and I've always gotten my before/after print out from them.

There's absolutely nothing in the fine print about having to have the parts replaced at their location, I've certainly had them try to sell me ball joints and whatnot, but there is nothing obligating me to do it in their shop with their parts and labor

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/maintain/service-warranty-options/

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish Discount Tire did alignments. I know some people are not a fan of them but I like them. Plus we currently have 3 sets of tires from them (4 if you count the trailer) and they are building one 2 miles from our house. I am big on convenience. Firestone is 20 mins.