Do I need new knuckles? Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got the new tires and wheels today. I just put the 1 on so far because I have to install the body lift before I can really do much more. But it did raise the truck about 2.25" just with the tires. Here is a little sneak peek.

37x13.50R20 Maxxis Buckshot wrapped on Ballistic 845 Morax 20x9 -12

You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Did you get your alignment? Doesn't matter who does it, as long as they are competent. And always get your before and after print out.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so the body lift is installed and the spacers are moved to the rear. I installed all new cam bolts. I figured why not since I was all up in there. Now I cannot get the tires even close to straight up and down on the front. As you can see from the photos I have the cams turned all the way straight out to the max. Don't know what else to do. I am nervous about taking it back to get another alignment when I have already turned it to the max. Is there something I am missing? Now I did replace the upper control arms with factory ones. Could that be the issue? I sure you guys are going to come up with something simple I am missing but I am really scratching my head now.....:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I'm no alignment expert, but it looks like that could be at 10 oclock or so and get you some more camber.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jrgunn5150

Me either. I guess something after practice tomorrow I will loosen it again. Maybe someone else can chime in. When I put in the bolts the flat side was pointed down. I turned it counter-clockwise (as you looks at it now). As the flat washer hit the front bracket it pushed the control arm back. I guess I thought when it got to where it is now I thought that was the max. Tomorrow I will crank on it some more and see what happens. Unless someone else chimes in.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well, at some point, you reach the limits of the suspension geometry. At that point all you can do is de-crank your torsion bars until you get back to spec, or get another lift kit that corrects it properly.

NorthTexasDylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So screwing in the torsion bolts adjust the the camber of the tires? I did not know that. I know the torsion bolts are cranked pretty far. I was thinking about getting a set of leveling keys so that I could let those bolts out some. Now I don't know where to start. I guess tomorrow I will crank the cam bolts some more and then uncrank the torsion bolts some and see what that does.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So screwing in the torsion bolts adjust the the camber of the tires? I did not know that. I know the torsion bolts are cranked pretty far. I was thinking about getting a set of leveling keys so that I could let those bolts out some. Now I don't know where to start. I guess tomorrow I will crank the cam bolts some more and then uncrank the torsion bolts some and see what that does.

When you lift the center of the truck, the arms swing down, and tires tilt out. The only way around it is with a diff drop, but still, the arms make that arc, there's no way around it.

Key's do the same thing, so that's not an out either. Start by seeing if they can get you into spec as is, if your truck is level or has a slight rake.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ What he said. Aftermarket keys are a waste of money on these trucks. They won't give you anything over the stock keys.