Dash Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kadams87

Reaction score
the new interior set up looks good. I'm looking to upgrade my interior as well, but to a 04+ silverado dash. Do you know anyone who has done this? or can you point me in the right direction. I sure would appreciate it. thanks.

texasboy55

I'm gonna be puttin a dash out of an 06 in my 92 in the coming month I hope. It's going to be a ton of work. I got out the tape and a dash from a 97 burban is 63 inches and so is the dash from the 06. I plan on taking a lot of pictures so I can do a write up on the whole deal. First step is door panel swap to 95-98 style.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics on what was done with the a/c controls? I'm thinking of going and grabbing one of these dashes this weekend.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm gonna be puttin a dash out of an 06 in my 92 in the coming month I hope. It's going to be a ton of work. I got out the tape and a dash from a 97 burban is 63 inches and so is the dash from the 06. I plan on taking a lot of pictures so I can do a write up on the whole deal. First step is door panel swap to 95-98 style.

I can't wait to see that. I had a thread around here somewhere asking about that.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm ok with my 94 dash but my door panels are pretty worn out and I have thought about getting the newer 95+ door panels. Has anyone done just the door panels and how did they fit with the older dash?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pics Ive seen looked pretty good. I believe you have to play with the door switches to make contact. And you have to get the 95+ inner door guts to make it all work.

ilikethewoods

Reaction score
YES!!! Hook that THREAD up when you do this swap. I was thinking that exact setup. If your going to be ripping the whole dash out, why not just do a 2000 and up dash? Thats going to look sick when your finished!

1badblue90

Reaction score
i have a 90 silverado and i really want to do this upgrade ..... there is a local junk yard near me with plenty of parts for this swap
my question is .. can i buy a wiring harness from a 95 and swap everything then just install the 97 dash ? cuz i dont like the 95-96 they look ugly from passenger side
please help on this