Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastonTexas

Reaction score
I have a 99 k1500 with passenger airbag dash and I was wondering how complicated it is to go to the dash with a cubby hole or cup holders. I have another truck with a cubby hole dash for parts that might be necessary except the dash because it's cracked too. Either are too cracked for dash pad. I was also wondering if extra parts from the cubby hole dash truck would work for the cup holder dash, or do you need parts from the cup holder dash truck as well?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 99 k1500 with passenger airbag dash and I was wondering how complicated it is to go to the dash with a cubby hole or cup holders. I have another truck with a cubby hole dash for parts that might be necessary except the dash because it's cracked too. Either are too cracked for dash pad. I was also wondering if extra parts from the cubby hole dash truck would work for the cup holder dash, or do you need parts from the cup holder dash truck as well?
I know nothing about the swap you want to do, I have a 91, different dash.
But....if you are thinking about removing a airbag (safety device) that was factory installed, you may be in for a world of legal hurt if you get in an accident and your passenger was injured.
Just saying.

Cazimiro

Reaction score
It’s not hard at all, I upgraded my dash on my 95 Sierra with a 98 Sierra as well.., mine was all cracked all over the top by the defrost vents there’s the weakest point in those dashboard I just pealed the harness off the 98 and disconnected all the wiring and harness off the 95 without taking it out the truck and slowly ones I took the older dash out I brought the new one in hanged it by the two main bolt on the bottom of the dash and pushed it up toward the fire wall close enough to the harness as to where I could stick my hand and started rerouting my existing harness in the truck, U may have a little bit of trouble routing the harness on the right side of the dash just over the glove compartment box because it sits lower because of the cup holders, just fight it a little and u should’ve able to get it done , I will advise you to buy a dash support kit from LMC TRUCK that way your dash will not crack from the top again it’s pretty much plug and play, if I could so can you Good luck.

phecnar

Reaction score
I watched a video on that very topic on YouTube.
Doing a quick repair of the cracked dash before installing dash pad/cover

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The dash for your '99 K1500 with passenger airbag, and the dash with the "cubby" are the same dash, just the cubby dash is from a heavier GVWR truck with no passenger airbag. I don't think I would mess around with pulling that, for the reason the Canuck mentioned.

Richard

EastonTexas

Reaction score
The dash for your '99 K1500 with passenger airbag, and the dash with the "cubby" are the same dash, just the cubby dash is from a heavier GVWR truck with no passenger airbag. I don't think I would mess around with pulling that, for the reason the Canuck mentioned.

Richard
Wonder what happens when you get in an accident but you have the air bag turned off? Keeping everything as it should be from factory