Dash Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omar B

Reaction score
Hello how do you go about the heater /ac controls and such? just curious i would love to do a dash swap in my 94 burb

texasboy55

Reaction score
the new interior set up looks good. I'm looking to upgrade my interior as well, but to a 04+ silverado dash. Do you know anyone who has done this? or can you point me in the right direction. I sure would appreciate it. thanks.

texasboy55

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the new interior set up looks good. I'm looking to upgrade my interior as well, but to a 04+ silverado dash. Do you know anyone who has done this? or can you point me in the right direction. I sure would appreciate it. thanks.

texasboy55

Can't be done unless you narrow the dash like 2". I have a dash out of an 04 and wanted to do the same thing. I couldn't find a place on the dash to cut out 2" and be able to cover it up well without a BUNCH of work. That and the gauges won't work with out the ECM hooked up to them for some reason. So I went to the junk yard and found a dash out of a 97 burban, I still need a few parts to have a complete dash. So in the mean time I'm sanding and painting pieces of the dash. I did find out that I will be able to use an 04 steering column instead of trying to find a good column from the junk yard. I've been trying to figure out how to wire up the a/c system out of the 04 in my 93. I just can't figure out why some of the wires run to the ECM. I think one of them is for the ECM to tell the engine to ideal up when the compressor is on and the other is just a low voltage wire that lets the ECM know when it's not working when it should be, which in turn throws a code. I could be totally wrong on that though. I have asked about that question before and nobody seems to know the answer.

Does anybody know if you can get that cubby hole out of the dash where the airbag goes without removing the dash?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I wanna swap dashes but to the same style I have already.My q is there /were is the main harness and do I have to pull the dash frame out too?

cowboyupwyo1

Reaction score
want to go from 94 dash in a 5 speed diesel truck to a 98 dash from an auto gas truck any wiring advice would be helpful. i have 2 98 parts trucks both gas and auto . will i have to get manual gage cluster ? Neither 98 have power windows or locks my 94 is full power.

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a dash swap in my 91z28 a few years ago and it went fairly easy except the HVAC. I put a dash and console from a 97 in it. I managed to get it but it took longer to figure out the wiring and the vacuum lines then it took to install the entire dash and console. I have heard of a few OBS guys just reusing their original HVAC panel in the newer dashes.There is a member on FSC that has a pic of what it looks like. I have though about doing this swap in my 94 but the time involved is what is stopping me.

The only reason why I would want to do this swap is so that I could use a double din radio and have it within a normal persons arms reach.

BrokeEnthusiast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to do this swap but want to find out this before committing 100%.

What is involved in going from my 91 electronic HVAC unit to the 95 dash's knobs