cranking torsion keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trucks must be level... or texas, cali= looks wrong...

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly, either rake or level none of that lean crap. Why do ppl think it looks good to run around with a back sqautting truck like it has a load in it all the time? I don't like no stupid rake either, 2 inches is too much for me. I'd rather it be level.

Even if I wasn'ty into chrome and lund stuff I'd still hate cali lean crap. No reason or use to have such a setup. I'm all for extra height, but all around not one more then the other. I much rather like it level.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cali lean gives you nothing, its suppose to be for the deser racers out in cali... hints the name, its for jumping there trucks at the sand dunes.... its a prerunner thing... worthless unless your truck is making decent hp an tq, with lots of travel, 2 racing seat and a complete cage that even goes out to the bed.... cali lean on a truck that gets used everyday for a truck... is worthless, no offense to southern pride, i have tons of respect for you, but cali lean is usually a huge sign of mall crawler around here

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha I get it but I'm not going to chalk it up to desert racing. I just think that for the simple fact of looks, 1-2" higher in the front is common with trucks that are lifted correctly and texas rake 1-2" lower in the front are common with backwoods trucks that aren't lifted correctly. Guys that buy a huge block and expect to just crank the hell out of their truck to match = texas rake.

I too love a level truck for sure. Alot of times mine looks perfectly level and sometimes like in my driveway or on inclines you notice the cali lean, but if anything, that is a good thing. This is why the good lift kits commonly lift the front 1-2" higher than the rear :endofshow: Not because most trucks are already texas raked out, because the common 1.5-2" crank fixes that anyway. Just for fun, go look at any of the cleanest lifted trucks you've ever seen on here, gmfullsize, wherever and you'll find level or cali. That's because these lift kits support that. Then look at all the trucks with 3" body, blocks and crank, and you find the texas rake. That is all. Not really saying ones better, but it's my opinion that level or cali is legit, no "I'm slammed on the brakes about to rearend someone" look. Hate it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
didn't make any sense at all to me, good companies make a cali lean crap built it? NO. They make a lift period, cali lean comes into play as to what someone does, if anything th elift should make it level IF they make their kits bigger lift in front then in back, if not then it should rake.

You don't see leaf sprung trucks cali lean crap, it's leveled or raked. Those lifts have been around wayyyy longer then ifs lifts have.

I don't consider cali lean a good lift kit, or made that way, I consider it, the guy who jacked it up more in the front period.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok... southern... i have no clue what you are saying... a 6inch lift is less lift in the front because it is texas raked out from stock, and if you still have texas rake it defets the idea of a lift... so they make them so the truck sits level so that it can fit as big as tire as possible on BOTH ends...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's because SFA trucks are the epitome of simplicity. 6" springs up front and 6" springs out back, that simple, and yes the IFS lift companies do set up their lift kits to not have texas rake because it's so god awful. That's why mine is 6.5" front with a 5.5" block or superlift's 6" front w/ 4" block. SO you have a truck cranked to be level then throw the lift on and you got the perfect lift setup. This is all from my point of view. Texas rake makes the front suspension look like it's weak and unable to support the truck which = crap.

Let me put it this way. There's a reason Cali lean or level has completely taken over in popularity because most people get it. Start up a poll Cali lean vs. Texas rake and see for yourself. The fact is texas rake died back in the 90's...Nowadays it's all about level or a little more up front. That has been my experience, that is my preference, and opinion. Btw I am talking strictly about 4x4 trucks. For 2wd trucks, texas rake looks good and aggressive, but for 4x4 it's a joke.