cranking torsion keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fleischmann95

Reaction score
ok, i have heard people saying turn your keys 1.5 inches max otherwise it really is hard on the truck. how would i know when the truck is raised 1.5 inches, is it determined by how many turns on the bolt or do i need to measure?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, i have heard people saying turn your keys 1.5 inches max otherwise it really is hard on the truck. how would i know when the truck is raised 1.5 inches, is it determined by how many turns on the bolt or do i need to measure?

Its not so much on how bar the bolt is in, due to sagging bars, etc. More less just go by the angles of the cv's, control arms and tie rods.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not so much on how bar the bolt is in, due to sagging bars, etc. More less just go by the angles of the cv's, control arms and tie rods.

Well said. I would definitely do this (which is how I did mine after recently removing the bars and keys) along with measuring...and the measuring is really just for a point of reference before and after...

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is so, the rcx is 1000, cepek is about 1300, and procomp is closer to the 2000 range
What's funny is the cepek and rcx are head and shoulders above the "most expensive" pro comp lift.
fleishmann95, honestly if you are really interested in the 6" kits, look at cepek or rcx! Both great and plenty of guys running them for information. The cepek is about an inch or two more stout than the rcx just for reference. You'll see it in pictures of the two lifts if and when you look.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
What's funny is the cepek and rcx are head and shoulders above the "most expensive" pro comp lift.
fleishmann95, honestly if you are really interested in the 6" kits, look at cepek or rcx! Both great and plenty of guys running them for information. The cepek is about an inch or two more stout than the rcx just for reference. You'll see it in pictures of the two lifts if and when you look.

Yea my friends truck with procomp lift seems like the bushings are wearing out on it, I was leanin more toward the cepek lift

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my rcx alot and it was easy to install but I wish I would have gone with the cepek, because you can crank it to 8 or 9 if u want. With a 3 inch body you could get around 12 total you'll always want bigger no matter what ya got.

fleischmann95

Reaction score
yea now i just have to start savin those paychecks and ill have it in a few months, if i have a garage for working on is it not to bad to install it myself? like you guys said cepek and RCX are both good. but i cant find cepek anywhere.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea now i just have to start savin those paychecks and ill have it in a few months, if i have a garage for working on is it not to bad to install it myself?
With some mechanical knowledge its not a terrrible job, an extra person sure helps alot. Most of it is just following directions and wrenching (some prying). Unloading/removing the torsion bars is the hardest task if rust is a problem in your area. Also you have to do some cutting to the frame/front diff and swap brake lines and bleed system. Plan a full weekend to do it.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you will deff want another guy there makes life so much easier getting the front diff back in allone would be near imposable, i have the 6" rcx on a 3" bl and wish it were bigger , id go cepek imo

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I had like 6 extra people helping me wouldn't want to do it by myself.