COMPLETE front end rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
LOL....well, when I went to get the parts, I wasn't offered any tools to do it(they always ask if i need this or that kit to help with install of w/e I'm doing), so I didn't think to ask them about tools. By the time I needed them for passenger side, it was like 3am sunday(store closed), and I had to have truck finished and ready to move by monday(store isn't open on sunday)....had to use jack. But i WILL ask them tomorrow about a press, thanks pauly #2.

I wish I had an Oxy fuel torch :( I would get so much stuff done...

I know the feeling... I dont know how many times I have ran into problems working on my truck (my only vehicle) and thinking this would be the perfect time to roll out the oxy torch... oh damn too bad I dont have one :( I guess Im going to have to do it the hard way.!!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
that and good welder have been on my christmas list since i was 15 3 year later and i still dont have one, i just get wierd looks from my family when i ask for it over and over again

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Have fun...honestly, I'd pay someone $300 to do my ball joints (in labor) if I had it all to do over again...and I had good tools and no rust.

Don't forget sway bar end-links, and when you are doing them jack the LCA's up and down to help you get them on.

Really?? The ball joints were a pain, but I'd never consider paying $300 for someone to do it....

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
30min into the job, I was ready to call you down here to do it for $300!!!

On top of that, I'd just thrown my back out the day before, by lifting a 55" projection tv(the old style aka floor mount).....my back had one sore spot. After the passenger's side, I had another....at the end, I had a ton of sore spots lol.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Really?? The ball joints were a pain, but I'd never consider paying $300 for someone to do it....

Absolutely. I spent 5 hours on nothing but ball joints. Uppers were easy with the drill press, but the lowers couldn't go on the press. So they got put in the vise and drilled, hammered, chiseled, grinded, drilled, hammered, chiseled, grinded, and so on so forth for over 4 hours to get those damn rivets out. And I had good tools.

I would have enjoyed my lift kit install if not for that, and it would have been done a week earlier as I would have had time to get it aligned and what not.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
If his aren't pressed in then there is no need, I rented the tool in case I needed it and didn't.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Not sure if the 4x4 are the same as the 2x4 but if you have the lower arms off Id do the motor mounts also.

How do I know "if mine is the same as the 2wd? What's the difference. Don't think I'm understanding what you're getting at.