COMPLETE front end rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also redid my whole steering ans suspension with MOOG parts. If you have the right tools plus a vise handy, it shouldn't be to hard. Well worth the effort to do in my opinion. I just don't see the reason to pay someone $ 300.00 plus dollars to it for me.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks Swims and everyone else for the help. Wasn't thinking about shocks when I posted. Will most likely do bilstein's.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
How did ya'll get the new lower ball joints in? I resorted to a jack and had to almost flip the truck over for it to press itself in.... :nono:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
How did ya'll get the new lower ball joints in? I resorted to a jack and had to almost flip the truck over for it to press itself in.... :nono:

:lol: yep thats what I did too...thats why I said its a HUGE pain to do them. I did the other side in about half the time once I figured it out though

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
damn, just went and looked(suspicious person here lol) and the passenger side is only halfway pressed in....hopefully it'll settle or else I'm back at tearing it down....yeah right, I'll take it somewhere lol.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
damn, just went and looked(suspicious person here lol) and the passenger side is only halfway pressed in....hopefully it'll settle or else I'm back at tearing it down....yeah right, I'll take it somewhere lol.
That sucks man...maybe I should go out and check mine
ps. I didn't realize it was you because you changed your avatar, lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rent a ball joint press from the parts store? :Stupid Me:

Last time I had to do one my dad helped me and we used a jack too. I dont remember exactly how we did it since its been about 12 or so years

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you are welcome man, just saw a thing the other day said change shocks every 50,000 and I thought hmmm, mines way past it I bet.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to bad I live wayyy the hell away from you guys I do have a press that NEVER gets used,,lol