Complete brake overhaul project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the $68 diy one. You don't need that $300+ kit. I have the $68 one and it is the best and easiest to use bleeder I've ever had. Great tool for brake work. This is the one I have:

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/PSL-2004

Does that push the fluid up or pull it down from the reservoir?

The Stacey Davids thing was a joke, because he always suggests so many cheap (in stace land) tools. But I do actually need something.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It its from the same company as that high dollar one Stacy uses, Phoenix systems. It is just there home mechanic level setup instead of the pro system that Stacy has. It works great, and yes it pushes the fluid from the caliper to the master. You can also use it to vacuum bleed if you prefer

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, now all I need is one of those super duper bleeding kits that stacey davids was using the other day and I'm set!

Get the $68 diy one. You don't need that $300+ kit. I have the $68 one and it is the best and easiest to use bleeder I've ever had. Great tool for brake work. This is the one I have:

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/PSL-2004

All you really need is an empty jug, some clear line, and another person to pump the pedal to get job done. You can substitute that one person with a broom handle if you don't mind some run around...

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All you really need is an empty jug, some clear line, and another person to pump the pedal to get job done. You can substitute that one person with a broom handle if you don't mind some run around...

Hey guys have to take a pic of the one I made tomorrow. It is a suction type hand pump works like a charm and the best part....free made from stuff in the garage!!

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I don't know about you but I never fail to mess up the sequence and suck air in the line. I would rather just get a kit. It's not like it won't be used.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New Stainless Braided hoses came in today getting closer to finally install.
You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Are these lines the extended length? My 4" lift really puts a stretch on the stock rubber lines when turned all the way to lock....had to relocate frame bracket and tweak the bends on the driver's line next to caliper. Also, since your's is a 98, did you have to get extended speed sensor pigtails or just re-route stock ones?

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these lines the extended length? My 4" lift really puts a stretch on the stock rubber lines when turned all the way to lock....had to relocate frame bracket and tweak the bends on the driver's line next to caliper. Also, since your's is a 98, did you have to get extended speed sensor pigtails or just re-route stock ones?

These are for the 0 to 4" lift so they are a bit longer than stock but not much really only a couple of inches. The next size up would be best for any lifted truck. For the speed sensors wish I could just get rid of them hate ABS, but the truck rides at stock height no need to relocate I drive ALOT of highway miles and dont plan to lift it untill I pick up a new 800 series.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Would you mind getting me the part numbers for the "next size up"? I plan to run the lines along the uca and down spindle tower.

Thanks in advance....their site kinda confuses me....may just be that i haven't had enough coffee though :p

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See if this works its from AutoAnything,

Skyjacker Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Front Brake Lines (pair)

Color/Style

For vehicles with 4-6" Lift

Vehicle

1998 Chevy C/K 1500

Submodel

4WD