Complete brake overhaul project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, in a couple of weeks I am going to be in a complete rebuild of all brakes, hoses and fresh fluid. I will take pics as I go along and I'm sure nothing new for you guys but what the heck I will give it a shot for ya's... All parts are on order and I will have time off to complete a total brake job along with other many projects I have planned.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would be unique!! I've seen very little GMT400s with chopped tips, but all of them where reqular cabs! Like a 2" chop would look awesome! And good luck on the Brake job, shouldn't be too bad!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 90 had a 2" chop. Guy before me did it. Kinda looked like **** . Ripped apart when it rolled.

There is a HUGE differance in the quality of work when in comes to chopped tops, some of them I've seen are down right terrible. We haven't done a chop top in a few years now, the last two we did was a 38' Chevy 2 door sedan (Mustang II front suspension, completely shaved, with a 2.5" Chop) that was a personal car, and a 40' Chevy truck that we also stretched the cab on that was a customers car!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You do custom work? How tough is it to shorten the bed of a truck about a foot?

Yes sir! It's not to bad to shorten up a truck bed, you need to take out an equal amount on the rear and the front of the bed to keep the rear wheel opening in proporsion to the rest of the bed. Don't get me wrong, it is a ton of work, but something that is not impossible. We shortened the bed and frame of my 67' Chevy Custom10, it was originally a LWB truck but is now a SWB. Keep in mind that if you shorten the bed, your going to have to shorten the frame as well!

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered my Stainless Steel braided hoses today from Summit and will have the rest on order on Monday...getting closer and cant wait my brakes are REALLY BAD!!