No Brakes!!! Dangerous ride home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think dual bowl master cylinders were mandated until 1967, So if it was a 65, you get a leak and lose all your braking!
I had a '66 Biscayne as my first (hand-me-down) car. Mom bought it new, I got it ten years later.

Needed a master cylinder. Pedal sometimes went to the floor. Dangerous as hell, but what does a high-school kid care? I wanted more horsepower.

Which, of course, led to the engine exploding after spinning multiple rod bearings.

So the car gets towed to my friend's parent's house, and pushed into their garage via another friend's '69 GMC half-ton. Of course, the master on the Biscayne took that moment to fail, pedal goes to the floor, and the car rams the far-end of the garage. Knocked the garage partially off it's foundation.

My friend jacked me up about the bad brakes, and had to drive his beater around to the other side of the garage, and bump the building back onto the foundation again.