Complete brake overhaul project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The SS Braided lines are a nice upgrade over stock tubing! Good choice Gary!!

Thanks I cant wait to do this project + I will take pics before, while and after for those new to the subject..Should be fun now just need some warm weather!!
I think its a must do changing the brake lines after so many years what people dont realize is that they degrade from the inside out and get very plyable,,mushy pedal feel..

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All is now ordered and await its arrival. Pics to follow progress and let me tell ya my back brakes are GONE!!! All hold material is going to be new and the drums assembly stock. The front will be a powerstop package drilled and slotted rotors with new hardware as well.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I special order online thru Autozone S.S braided lines and they take my payment and await its arrival. 3 weeks go by and all my other stuff is in now my brakes even further gone than they were before. I call them to see WTF is my order at, they say we dont offer this part and dont know why I was able to purchase it online!!! So I get my money back and now order them from AutoAnything, Skyjacker's SS brake lines. Was going to start this weekend now have to wait till next week. So watch what ya order out there people selling stuff they dont offer....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you upgrading to the 1 ton calipers when you do all this too? Looking forward to hearing if it stops better.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you upgrading to the 1 ton calipers when you do all this too? Looking forward to hearing if it stops better.

No from what I here there is a noticable difference just changing the hoses from the rubber ones to these. My calipers are fine and plane to rebuild the hardware for them now if I could go to a dual piston set up than maybe..lol

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow thats sucks. I dont order from autozone since all their stuff is junk. I always by quality stuff and autozones duradontlast is junk.