Complete brake overhaul project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I am going to have to read this tonight and if its a direct bolt on makes scence then. Will it effect the ABS in any way???

No not that i've heard and I don't see why it would....

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I read the sticky about the caliper swaps but did not see what year to get 3/4 ton calipers from. Could I just use another 98 3/4 ton caliper or what??

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use your years truck calipers off a 1-ton and you will be good. Only difference between the calipers is the bore size. They are pure bolt-ons.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use your years truck calipers off a 1-ton and you will be good. Only difference between the calipers is the bore size. They are pure bolt-ons.

Great thanks I think I'm going to do it now to see how much they are.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^this

A 1500 and a light duty 2500 (6 lug) use the same calipers and a heavy duty 2500 (8 lug) and 3500 use the same. So just look up some for a '98 3500 so you dont mistakingly get the wrong ones....

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm going to look for a 98 3500 calipers 8 lug and will bolt right on to my 1500 spindles?? I know this what your saying but just want a finall answer and again thanks for the info..

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome, now all I need is one of those super duper bleeding kits that stacey davids was using the other day and I'm set!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, now all I need is one of those super duper bleeding kits that stacey davids was using the other day and I'm set!

Get the $68 diy one. You don't need that $300+ kit. I have the $68 one and it is the best and easiest to use bleeder I've ever had. Great tool for brake work. This is the one I have:

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/PSL-2004