climate control LED's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has changed the bulbs in the climate controls in 88-94 from bulbs to LED's...

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question how did you get the circuit board off the display? I got the back container off from the board, and I think its two like 1/8(idk size just noticed they are really really small) screws holding it in place if not, whats holding the board and display together?

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used 3 cool white 4mm Neo LEDs from superbrightleds. To do this, remove the unit, remove the two 7mm screws, slide out the housing, disconnect the connection between the two circuit boards, and remove the horizontal board. There are three black twist-locks; twist counterclockwise and pull out. New LEDs just twist in. As for changing the color, the buttons themselves are tinted green (just as the gauge cluster), so white (shows green like factory) or blue (passes through green) will work. There is a write up either here or on FSC with details and photos. Here is the link for LEDs:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/subminiature-bulbs/neox-led-bulb-instrument-panel-led/220/

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Do y'all knowWhich led bulbs go in the cluster? And is it the same way? Blue LEDs will shine thru the green tint?

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
194s go in the clusters an it'll shine thru the green tint from what I read. I sanded mine down.

Sent from the legion of doom