Cherry bomb extreme or flow master 10s????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah down here the flows are big bucks,and i didnt live near any oceans exspect cococa beach and i go there once in a blue moon.Do yall think a 3 inch pipe no cat and cbes and turndown would be to much or just right?:hmm:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wy worry about how much they are in areas near you when you can order them off the internet thru jegs or summit or something and save some cash then take em down to your local shop and have em put on. I know my local place is a hundred or more for a flowmaster and I can buy them for $80 or less and the super 10s in SS are like 60 or 65 a piece.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wouldnt go with 3 inch pipe imo,,u gota be making big hp to even get anything outa 3 inch
id go true duals with 2 1/4 wich would be better for low end torque,and 2 of the cbe's

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry swin ,i just looked on jegs and summit and its like half off on there instead of suto parts store.I think i am going with flow 10 i think it stainless steal and if i go to the beach to look at some honeys i can.Knowing my muffler will not rust off in a year or two but it realy the same thing i think and heard off too me.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No prob. man I learned a LONG time ago it's way cheaper on the net then in person usually. My stores are like yours almost double the price of summit or jegs, I mean yea you pay handling but come on it's still cheaper lol. But yea stainless man no brainer, that way it won't rust out, just all the heat/cool cycles can cause them to rust due to condensation.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question are flowmasters restriced enought to lower my low end grunt but gain hp?I was reading and some people say that flowmaster lowers your touqe and resctice the exhuast is this true or a rumor?

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the flowmaster 10s look like this on the inside in < out thats it
its just a v shap in the casing,when i swaped my glasspacks out on my previous truck for the 10s i noticed
a difference in torque and mpgs suprisingly, had alot better get up and go

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So a single flow 10 with strait 3 inch piping with turndown make any differnece in power and mpg?

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ran true duals with 2 1/4 pipe with 2 flow master 10s
i dont agree with 3 inch pipe yea its free flowing but ur gona lose low end torque with 3 inch pipe
u gota be makin big hp to get anything outa 3 inch pipe

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just looked up me stock piping on my sub and its stock is 3 inch piping,it should be fine will find out next weekend when i get it on.