Cherry bomb extreme or flow master 10s????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been looking for a deep tone muffler that will peirce your ears,i have looked on youtube about the cb extremes and flow 10s is there any realy differce than price?And has any one ran a cb extreme before am doing a single 3 inch to muffler then a turn down any ideas let me know thanks

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we have cbe's on an 84 c10 and the new super 10's or whatever are very close to the same price and the flows are stainless steel which is great for rust protection, I always say cbe's because of price but finding out the 10's now are like $5-10 more and are SS I'd buy them, but cbe's sound great love em.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well good point i will look in that,but am gettting 3 inch pipe no cats to one of the two but also looking into more like loud mouth and some kind of bullet muffer too.But am leaning to the cbes becuase i was told there like a strait pipe but no craking and popping that much,do you have any cranking or poping on yours.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NONE and that's why I love them. They are loud and deep, don't know about straight pipes loud but they are loud and about as loud or louder then glasspacks. I would say louder than glasspacks.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got flowmaster 10s i had on my f150 b4 i flipped it bout to put em on my obs
they are loud and are rly agressive,i love em
the dyno max bullets are basically glasspacks,and as far as the slp loudmouths go ive only heard them on stangs and to me they all sound the same just some are louder

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked into the flows and there still 100 buck down in florida,I think the cbes would be fine but looking into the flowmaster family.I heard they have a 30 series that is deep and lound ,never heard of it but i will looking to it more .Does any one have any good muffler chocies that are deep and lound (cut outs would work)but i have to many tickets

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like swims referred to there are two 10 series from flowmaster. The regular flowmaster 10's are aluminized not stainless, they are classified under their race category. The super 10's are stainless and still classified under their street category, they are also available in si/do configs unlike the regular 10. They came out in march iirc.

Id go with Cherry bomb extremes imo, they are very similar in construction to the flo 10's and are cheaper, you dont have to pay for that flowmaster name. If you are up north and rust is a concern then i might go with the super 10 because its stainless.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would agree but the flowmaster super 10's are like 5-10 bucks more then the cherrybomb extremes and that's it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True i didnt realize it was not much more, kind of weird the stainless 10 is about the same as the aluminzed.