Cherry bomb extreme or flow master 10s????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run Gibson Shorty Headers into a y pipe with no cat, with a cherry bomb extreme muffler with a dual out with 2.5" pipes, straight out the back. I love it extremely loud when you get on it almost as loud as my buddies 5.7 with true dual 44's. Mines only a V6 and everyone thinks it sounds like an 8. Its got that nice rumble at idle and that distinctive sound going down the road, but its so loud when you mash it your ears want to bleed. :)

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't se how a v6 is that loud we got long tubes, dual 2.5 all the way back, gutted cats, and cherry bomb extremes on a mild 350 and it's not that loud.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wel so far the extrems i can order form autozone for 50 bucks not including my 10% discount i get,and the flows are 73 with shiping form jegs thats just one so am think extrems with mid lenght should be good on a stock 350 tbi.Extreme are very lound on anything they are pretty much straight threw thats what i want.:evillol:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they are not that loud, gosh I own a freaking set. No way are they close to straight headers loud, they are deep and sound good and got some good loudness to them not terrible, not bust your ears loud. I've heard rice burners with louder mufflers. The higher the compression ratio the louder they are too. I know a guy on another forum had an obs with 3 inch pipes and not cats, cherry bomb extremes, and 11.1 cr and it was too loud for his camera to pick up.

As for being straight thru, no, they are just like flowmasters, they have the < in them and that's it. Now the old cherry bomb glasspacks, those are straight thru, you can look thru them.

Cherry bomb extremes are great, they sound just like flowmasters and alot cheaper I would tell anyone to run them.

You must be registered for see images attach

flowtech long tubes, 2-1/2 duals gutted cats, cbe's out the back.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That thing sounds pretty bad ass man nice truck,u should make a video while its driving.But for the money and stuff cbes are well worth the money for down here in florida and plus this is my weekend warrior too so i need it lound lol.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they'll be loud enough to let ppl know you're coming. I can hear that truck in the above video for about 1/2 mile or 1/4 mile beofre it gets here depending on how hard it gets ran. You go about half way from here, and there's a railroad crossing, then about the same distance and you're on the main 2 lane. I could usually hear dad leave in it, hit 3rd and idle down to the tracks, then if he gets on it afterwards I can usually hear it until about 3rd or so. It aint too awefully loud next to it or anything, not like open headers, but loud enough you know it's running and know it's coming, IMO it's perfect. it's deep like flowmasters, but loud like gaslpacks or straight pipes, but doesn't crack and pop like glasspacks or straight pipes. Haven't got around to getting a driving vi though. it's sitting in the yard right now waiting for the wheels to go back on. Just got done putting all new front end under it, ball joints, tie rods, control arm on the top DS. Almost everything on it has been changed or worked on.