cepek install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
man, i'd go get a torch or an air chisel. if you don't have one or the other.... you're likely to not get them out. i believe northern tool has an air chisel for cheap

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need for torches or air chisel, though they do make the job easier you can grind the head off, drill out rivet some and use a hammer and punch to knock them out.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah it took me 5 hours to do the 8 rivets that hold in the 2 lower ball joints...with a good grinder and a drill press.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The balljoint rivets are longer then the frame rivets they don't take near as long to grind and drill. Shouldn't take to long to do for that x member. Only took a couple hours to replace the rear d-member in my old truck.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it necessary to remove the whole front sway bar, or just remove the link from the lca

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
is it necessary to remove the whole front sway bar, or just remove the link from the lca

It all has to come off as you will have to flip it in order to get the eyes pointing down to compensate for the drop, and will make it much easier to get the new links in.