cepek install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guess I'll look into getting another one.

This is why i was worried Cepek says in the instructions ....

"NOTE: Extra Cabs use part number 71009 for heavy duty torsion bar bracket reinforcement and rear
crossmember plate to eliminate driveshaft contact full extension of travel."

But no one ever uses this with their cepek. (I mean they dont even include it in the kit). And i've never heard cepek owners having problems, so maybe its close but ok and you dont need that part.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should look great when done!

Defintly will have to replace that crossmember and even if it does hit after lift would still be a simple fix, just cut out center of xmember and weld in plate or a quit simple fix is install it upside down.

Hopefully you dont get any snow where you live as the baja claws are terrible in snow, or going backwards offroad.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cant wait to see this thing finally making progress

i want to lift mine, but ill wait and do the sas on mine instead

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats gonna be bad ass. i want a lift on mine but im with adam ill sas before i spend all that money on fiixing my front end again for the second time

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should look great when done!

Defintly will have to replace that crossmember and even if it does hit after lift would still be a simple fix, just cut out center of xmember and weld in plate or a quit simple fix is install it upside down.

Hopefully you dont get any snow where you live as the baja claws are terrible in snow, or going backwards offroad.

are those just rivets on there? Im not sure how to go about getting the thing off and reattaching it.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
take a cut off wheel and cut a x in the head of the rivet and then take a air chisel and chisel the head off it and punch it through thats how i did mine when i replaced all the cross members from that one back on my 98

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See I dont have an air chisel, so should i just drill it out ? Were you able to rivet it back similar to factory and where did you get your crossmember?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
See I dont have an air chisel, so should i just drill it out ? Were you able to rivet it back similar to factory and where did you get your crossmember?

crossmember i had from a frame i got in the junkyard and i used bolts to put them back in do you have torches? you could try and be easy and torch the head off just be careful of the frame