Cepek and 35's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forget 6.0 crap throw in any v8 and get more powah!! even a simple carb setup or tbi.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah but you also don't want to go with too short of a gear like 5.13 or you won't be going over 70mph because you'll run out of gear and your highway mpg will go to poo.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would put a new motor in, but I dont know how to do that stuff :uhoh2:
What do you guys suggest?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forget 6.0 crap throw in any v8 and get more powah!! even a simple carb setup or tbi.

why? if you have a vortec, going carb would be steps back, with a 6.0 and a good tune the truck would do just as good or better than it would with a bbc carbed

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

:nono: Kind of missing the point because if you're going to go to ALL the trouble involved of doing a motor swap, you should do it right. Swapping a 4.3 for a TBI 350 = fail when you consider all the time and $$ for what you're really getting. Might as well do a LS swap and get the extra 100 hp right off the bat.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
:nono: Kind of missing the point because if you're going to go to ALL the trouble involved of doing a motor swap, you should do it right. Swapping a 4.3 for a TBI 350 = fail when you consider all the time and $$ for what you're really getting. Might as well do a LS swap and get the extra 100 hp right off the bat.

IMO if your gonna go through the trouble of doing a motor swap just drop in a d-max or cummins and call it good

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly say you could "drop in" a dmax or cummins, (especially the dmax) but there are multiple places you can get wiring harnesses made and adapters and stuff for LS swaps. it can be done for a real reasonable price.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly say you could "drop in" a dmax or cummins, (especially the dmax) but there are multiple places you can get wiring harnesses made and adapters and stuff for LS swaps. it can be done for a real reasonable price.

lol big word. He said it so casually. Doing a LS swap is quite a challenge even with all the available information. I expect a cummins or whatever would really be crazy. Plus, I get your point and all but were talking a simple v8 upgrade here. Not your diesel fantasy :p

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another thing nit alot of people say is wheel size and style stick with a 15 or 16 inch alloy wheel something light and look at the weight of the tires your looking at. Rolling mass is alot to do with it.