Fitting 315/75/R16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your OE wheel width and offset?

My truck came with the 2500HD aluminum SF-1 wheels. They are 16x6.5+28. I don’t know what the original size of the original steelies were that came with my C3500.
I have some slight rub with my LT245/75R16 that are currently installed. It’s just the sway bar the tire makes contact with.

I don't know, they are OE to the truck, so whatever GM specs them as. For sure 16x6.5 is correct and for some reason +40mm is coming to mind, though dont quote me.

The PYO's you've got have a bit more negative offset than the OE 400 offerings, that and alignment are likely the cause of rubbing such a tiny 245 tire.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hows the wear on your front end? I really wanna put 37s on my rig but I’m worried about how the IFS will handle it

Well its hard to say since the ball joints and other wear items are older than the lift but the lift has been on there for about 2 years, and the front end parts are about a year or two older than that. I need to get it aligned so we'll see what they say.

Honestly I wouldn't really reccomend 37s. They just aren't that much bigger than 35s but they are harder to find, have fewer tread patterns avaliable, cost more, are more likely to crunch your sheet metal and of course wear on the truck harder. I also got turned away from 3 shops because they couldn't mount and balance 37s.

35 really seems to be the biggest of the "normal" tires that you can just get anywhere and throw on your truck. Any bigger and things get complicated.