CConlon's 97 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CConlon692

Reaction score
Well truck's off at the body shop getting painted. Decided to take the flares off for now, had to come off for paint anyways so we'll see how it looks when it's all done. Started my bedliner in the truck, mainly wanted to get the rails done on the bed before it had a brand new paint job. Threw on a "Nobody cares about your stick figure family" sticker on the back window b/c well I don't care about your stick figure family. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-0Sr-BV5A). Wheels came today & picked up a good set of BF All Terrains off craigslist for a good deal. 285/70/17s, should fill the wheel weld out nicely & give the truck a good look. Just gotta get the tires on the wheels & bring the wheels up to the body shop so when the truck's all done they can mount them on the truck for me. Next time I post pics, the truck will be all white with the rims & tires on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Truck looks good, but wouldn't it have been best to do the bedliner after the new paint? Then they wouldn't have to tape it off.

CConlon692

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the shop & got the wheels & tires on it. All I got to say is DAYUM! Gotta do something bout the rear springs. Pretty well shot so gonna start shopping around for either 3/4 ton springs or a lift kit with springs. Here are a few pics I snapped today. Let me know what you guys think.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
ssssssssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

CConlon692

Reaction score
Quick pic of my daily with it's new shoes on with the tow rig.

CConlon692

Reaction score
Well, went down to the local salvage yard & grabbed some 3/4 ton leaf springs for the truck. Figure since the rear springs are shot, I might as well upgrade. Once that's done, I think I'll just do a body lift on the truck & call it good. I got a few little things left I would like to do such as: tint the front windows, intake & LED gauge lights for the dash. Where is a good spot to get those LEDS?

However I have been considering down sizing to just 1 vehicle so would anyone blame me for going to look at this? Lol http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...field=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

CConlon692

Reaction score
Haven't done much with the Sierra lately. Sat all week since my TDI had a full tank in it & the Sierra only had a 1/4 tank. Threw the fender flares back on to help break up the white. Grabbed a set of 3/4 ton leaf springs from a local salvage yard, those will be going on in a week or 2, just gotta get it up to my buddy's shop. Not doing too much to the truck for now, trying to decide if I want to sell both my TDI & the Sierra & get a Ecoboost F150 or keep everything & get a project car. All up in the air but for now just gonna enjoy having the truck. If I decide to keep it, probably just do intake, steps, tint the front windows & maybe headers? Few quick pics:

CConlon692

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a long time & a lot has changed. Back in May, I saw an ad in the paper for some great deals (or so I thought) on brand new 2013 Silverados. Needless to say I bought 1. Traded my 2010 VW Jetta TDI in for a 2013 Silverado 1500 Z71. Truck has the 5.3 with the towing package which isn't too bad but I still would like more power for towing (should've bought a diesel). It's an extended cab short bed with the LT appearance package. I then sold the K1500 & bought a beater to bomb back & forth to work. Overall the Silverado has been in a huge PITA, I think the truck is cursed or something. Sort of regret getting rid of the K1500 but the 5.0 just wasn't big enough for what I needed. We'll see what happens, may end up trading the Silverado in on a Duramax or something in the near future.

So far here's what I have done to the Silverado so far:
-Tinted Windows
-Bedliner
-Undercoated
-Plasti Dipped all the Lettering/ Bowties Black
-Vinyl Wrapped the Rear Bumper
-K&N Intake
-Tinted Tail Lights
-LED Bumper Lights

The truck does ride awesome & I love having a back up camera & the full opening rear doors. If I do decide to keep it, I'll throw a RC 2.5 leveling kit on it & some nice black 20 inch wheels with some nice all terrain tires. Some pics:

Oh & my new love/project, 1984 VW GTI I'm building with a 12v VR6. Pic of towing it home from MA:

Last edited: