CConlon's 97 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CConlon692

Reaction score
Well, I stumbled upon this site a little while ago when I bought my truck & it seems like a real good site so I've decided to join & post my "build thread."

Little about myself. My name is Chris, I'm 20 & live up in upstate NY (sadly). I've been a big car guy since I got my license & decided it was time for a change. When I was about 5, my grandfather bought a brand new 96 GMC Sierra & long story short since then I've had a real soft spot for these trucks. I stumbled upon this truck at a little car lot. It had been traded in at a local Honda dealership & for the price & shape it's in I couldn't say no.

So here's the truck. It's a 97 GMC K1500 Z71, fully loaded with leather. No rust what so ever, pretty clean old truck. It has a 5.0 (only down side) with 142k & I got it with a bunch of new parts recently installed with all the paperwork. I absolutely love this tank. Only mods that were done to it when I bought it were a flowmaster muffler, aftermarket headunit & window visors. Here's a list of what I've done & what I plan to do. Let me know what you guys think!

What I've done:
-Smooth Chrome Front Bumper
-Crystal Depo Headlights
-Billet Grill
-Tow Mirrors (waiting install)
-Smoked Tail Lights (waiting install)
-Smoked Cab Clearance Lights (waiting install)
-Removed Side Mouldings
-OE Spec Fender Flares

What I plan to do:
-Repaint the Truck Factory White (goes to the body shop 1st week of may)
-2 inch Leveling Kit
-Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels
-Step Bars

This is my 2nd vehicle, I drive a 2010 VW Jetta TDI daily due to my 70 mile daily commute to work. Mainly will be a tow rig, used in the winter on crappy days & just used as a truck. Some pics of it & my past toys:

Day I bught it:
You must be registered for see images attach

How it looks as of now 4/25/13:

My Daily:

First car was a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I ended up shattering the clutch then hydro locking it a months later (R.I.P)

Then came a 01 Eclipse GT 3.0 V6, regret owning that POS:

Then came my 1 of my favorites, 2000 Audi A4 1.8 Quattro aka the Naudi Girl:

Then I sold that for a 04 VW Jetta GLI problem child:

Then I bought a crashed up 89 CRX DX to use for commuting that I ended up modding out:

Sold the GLI for a 01 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro:

Sold that A4 & the CRX to get the TDI. Then I decided I wanted a build a big turbo car but have a winter beater so I bought a rare 93 Audi URS4 2.2 Inline 5 Turbo Quattro. Even had a phone in the arm rest!:

Long story short on that car is I got burnt out with fixing it & finding parts, sold it, made money on it & began my hunt for the truck. Hope my little intro wasn't too boring. I'll keep you guys posted on the truck as I make progress on it. Won't be anything crazy but it'll do for now.

CConlon692

Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot my other toy, my 2002 Yamaha Zuma with a 70cc big bore kit, athena exhaust & carb. Lots of fun.

CConlon692

Reaction score
:welcome: truck loks good!

Thank you, pretty pleased with it. It's getting dropped off at a local shop by me called Capital Region Customs & they'll be doing the whole truck white. Not a big fan of the black bedliner job.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
maybe if you did the bumpers black?

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheels and bigger tires before paint IMO. But Looks good.