Caspian’s ‘96 ECSB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I’m finally back with a GMT400, I had a 94 Burb with some fugly 22” wheels quite awhile back. Sold it and didn’t have a GMT400 for awhile, had an 800 that I just traded for another 400 today though.

This is my new to me 1996 C1500 ECSB. 5.7 Vortec, 4L60E as far as I know, haven’t figured out axle yet. SPID label on glovebox is for a different truck, appears the glove box door was replaced however long ago lol. Anyway, truck has been lowered 4” front and rear, has Cragar 5 star wheels, a rattle can primer job, LED tails. I gotta run to pull a part tomorrow and get a driver side seatbelt buckle, passenger front door handle, and see if I can find anything else I may need after I assess the truck tomorrow. It doesn’t have any cats on it so it pulls a freaking O2 sensor code cause of it.

Here’s a pic I took of it earlier when I got it home, I’ll take some more tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought the 5 for 5 deal on Compnine and got my build sheet. Nothing fancy, 3.42 gears, oil cooler and HD trans cooler.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

That fugly piece of crap is now gone. I also got a replacement door handle while I was at pull a part, and a dipstick that wound up being too long.. next on the agenda is shimming this starter, it’s grinding a bit.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I found a rigged as hell starter.. someone broke a bolt off in the hole for the angle pattern and instead of getting a straight pattern starter they rigged the angle pattern to work... smdh

I got my sub box and amp wired in. Damn heater doesn’t work.. blower doesn’t even kick on, both fuses are good so I’m gonna run the motor to direct +12v and see if it kicks on and go from there. I still need to get a proper dipstick for the trans, proper starter, flush the trans fluid and replace the filter, oil change.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heater started working. Idk if it’s the switch or the blower but tapped it and it squealed and came on and ran. We’ll see from here lol

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tried to polish a turd lol. These LED tails that are on here were tinted at one time. Appears they were sanded to get the tint off and rough sand paper was used. I just went over them both a few times with some PlastX to try to knock it down some until I get a new set of these tails. They came out alright, better than they were lol. I’m also planning on removing the stupid valance that’s cracked, I can’t get it on ramps cause it catches and I can’t park cause it catches.. doesn’t really do anything besides appearance.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No real updates other than I’ve driven it to work the last two days. This truck hauls ass! I’m gonna have to try the 30k RC car oil in the fuel gauge stepper motor, it likes to just jump around on its own.

Other than that, I’m gonna have to get an LT1 starter to fix my issue, appears it’s gonna need a PS pump, a protection plate for the torque converter/flexplate, I need to replace 1 or 2 of the blue LEDs in the bottom right of the cluster. I’m planning exhaust, I have a stainless X-Pipe, 1 Jones Maxflow stainless muffler, I need to order another Jones Maxflow, 2 Magnaflow High Flow cats, someone gutted these cats and welded them shut. And then I need to look at headers.

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What a pain in the butt! LT1 starter wouldn’t work, the old fat SBC starter wouldn’t work. The shaft on those starters hit the damned flexplate on my truck. Wound up after running back and forth for hours, having to go with the Proform Performance Starter to get one that would work. Then I discover one of the holes for the bolts is ****** up as well, so I need to get a tap and die set and fix it and the bolt before I can even see if it is gonna need shimmed.

Then, when this crap needs a new starter, I’ll either throw another Proform on it, or I’ll just LS swap it and move on

Caspian

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I can’t tap the hole to the required 3/8”-16, the hole is bigger than the tap. So I drilled all the way through it thinking I’d put a nut on the bolt on top, nope I can’t get a damned nut up there. So I guess my next solution is to tap the hole at 7/16” and drill the bolt hole on the starter out to that size. Idk wtf else to do at this point.. what a damned nightmare..