can ya remove egr on an 88 tbi w/o working on the computer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool msd has a streetfire for that price, not bad at all. I was looking at the summit street and strip stage 1 intake or something like weiand or whatever, as you said used eddy 600cfm, or reman. one, and was also looking at a summit hei dist. for like $100, and it was another brand reg. forget which but I hear alot of ppl using the holley, and my FP works good so definately worth using.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
cool msd has a streetfire for that price, not bad at all. I was looking at the summit street and strip stage 1 intake or something like weiand or whatever, as you said used eddy 600cfm, or reman. one, and was also looking at a summit hei dist. for like $100, and it was another brand reg. forget which but I hear alot of ppl using the holley, and my FP works good so definately worth using.

yea its a Chinese unit, but its MSD and it has warranty, i would look into a Weiand Stealth. my thoughts exactley, im gonna use my intank pump till it dies, then i will slap a pump onto my block (Machined for it)

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Summit brand HEI distributor is what I have on my 305. I haven't put many miles on it, but it works good so far.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
win win, situation.

**** like this is why i no longer have emissions **** (or TBI, haha) unless you count my PCV as emissions.

Got bored....found this thread....yes, I AM RESURRECTING THE DEAD!!!!! mwehahahahahahahaha

All that build-up, just for this tiny response. Your PCV system is only there to keep combustion waste and unspent fuel from contaminating your oil.....atleast for a gasoline engine. Diesels use it to keep oil-seep at a minimum.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SO if I delete my egr but add a catch can, will I be ok?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol sorry. I don't really understand all the EGR/A.I.R./PCV stuff. I don't what any of it's for, but I know race cars don't have them so I know they are not required.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They've got -10AN fittings for Catch Can lines, and a -24an fitting for oil fill. Little pricey but came out nice. Need to get an updated pic.

Back on Topic what would be your recommendation for my EGR/PCV/AIR situation. AIR is already deleted and have considered running the vent line from my fuel cell to the charcol cannsiter in the front (good or bad idea). What about the EGR stuff, I'd like to delete it. Oh motor is 454 (obviously) with 1.6l whipple, edelbrock heads, custom cut cam, single plane intake.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You still have egr on that engine?! Get it tuned out. If you're knowingly running a little on the rich side at idle, you should keep your pcv hooked up. If you're running the stock a/f ratio at idle, you can get away with deleting the pcv. Running a vent from your cell to your charcoal canister? I gotta think of how those canisters work again, atleast in that aspect. I always used them as filters for the return, then ran my tank's vent hose upwards with a crook at the end so it points downwards. You could also put a small inline fuel filter from a riding mower on the vent hose to help keep any dust from being sucked in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCVY