can ya remove egr on an 88 tbi w/o working on the computer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the Moates Burn2? Look inside your ECM to see which .bin (BCC) you have. Yours should look like the chip on the right. in this case it's AKCW.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then look here to find your .bin and download it.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/

Or you can CAREFULLY remove your chip from its plastic holder and read it with the Burn2 to TunerPro RT. Then apply the "patch" for EGR Disable. Flash your 27SF512 chip (with Flash and Burn) and install it.

You should also apply the patch for "BPW and Spark Advance Hack" so you can see them while data logging with TP.

fixit

Reaction score
Do you have the Moates Burn2? Look inside your ECM to see which .bin (BCC) you have. Yours should look like the chip on the right. in this case it's AKCW.

Then look here to find your .bin and download it.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/

Or you can CAREFULLY remove your chip from its plastic holder and read it with the Burn2 to TunerPro RT. Then apply the "patch" for EGR Disable. Flash your 27SF512 chip (with Flash and Burn) and install it.

You should also apply the patch for "BPW and Spark Advance Hack" so you can see them while data logging with TP.
Thank you. You are above my knowledge in computer speak , but I will get the BCC and get back with you. Thanks again. I have had this problem many years and it is time to fix it as I will be using it to pull 5000lb.